Every year, the Federal Ministry of Education accepts applications for BEA scholarships. The Bilateral Education Agreement Scholarship is available for individuals intending to study abroad. To be eligible, each individual must meet required criteria.
Scholarships are awarded for following fields of study:
Undergraduate level – Agriculture, Architecture, Biotechnology, Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Geology, Languages, Law, Mathematics, Medicine (very limited), Sciences, Social Sciences, Sports
Postgraduate level (Masters Degree and Ph.D) in all fields.
Candidates must meet the following criteria to be eligible for the scholarship:
All candidates for undergraduate courses must have at least Five (5) Distinctions in WAEC (May / June) only in subjects related to their fields of study, including English and Mathematics. Certificates should not be more than two (2) years old. Age limit is from 18 to 20 years.
All candidates for postgraduate degree courses must hold a First Class (1st Degree with at least 2nd Class Upper Division)
Candidates who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have completed at least two (2) years post qualification or employment practice in Nigeria
All applicants must have completed N.Y.S.C
Age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D and only:
1.) N.Y.S.C discharge or exemption certificates are acceptable
2.) Evidence of readiness to be released by the employer.
The bilateral scholarship is to be taken abroad in any of the below listed countries:
Undergraduate (UG) studies is tenable in Russia, Morocco, Algeria, Serbia, Hungary, Egypt, Turkey, Cuba, Romania, Ukraine, Japan, Macedonia
Postgraduate (PG) studies is tenable in Russia (for those who obtained first degrees from Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Turkey, Japan, Mexico, South Korea)
The BEA awards scholarship is open to Nigerian citizens only or international students residing in the country.
1) BEA countries are non-English speaking, applicants should prepare to undertake a mandatory one-year foreign language course of the country of choice which will be the standard medium of instruction.
2) Japan applicants must have a very strong background in further mathematics.
3) The required certificates for candidates applying for Iman Preachers and Quaranic Professor for Islamic Religious studies in Algeria is WAEC as in other scholarship awards.
4) All applicants for the Hungarian Scholarship can apply for up to two fields of study in order of preference.
5) All applicants for Hungarian Scholarships must visit the website: www.stipendiumhungaricum.hu when the dates are out to complete application.
6) Complete the application form online.
Print the completed form and bring to the interview venue.
Currently, applications for 2020 BEA scholarship is not open. The Federal Government (FG) Bilateral for Education Awards Application procedures for 2020 shall be updated in this page. Keep checking for updates.