KPMG, a top global tax, auditing and advisory services organization developed a program to sponsor selected candidates through their tertiary education.
Per the KMPG website, see further information below
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Have completed their secondary education at a state-owned Government school within the last 2 years.
- A minimum of 5 Distinctions (As & Bs) from their WASSCE (including English and Mathematics).
- A minimum score of 230 in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
- Already have an admission letter or a provisional letter of admission to a federal university in Nigeria.
How to Apply
Send an email to NG-FMKPMGScholarship@ng.kpmg.com with the following details: Name, Residential Address, E-mail Address, Phone Number.
Also attach the following documents in a zipped folder:
- WASSCE Certificate
- UTME Result Slip
- JAMB Result Slip
- Provisional Letter of Admission/Letter of Admission to a Federal University in Nigeria
- Birth Certificate
- Certificate of Origin
Kindly state the code KSP2019 in the subject of the email.
*The deadline for application is 25th October 2019“
5 Reasons To Invest in Money Market Fund While Young
You run very little risk of losing your money in securities like bonds and treasury bills. As they are issued by the Federal Government, your money is safe
Your investment is very liquid. This means you can convert it to cash on short notice with any accrued profits for that period. For certificates of deposit, you can cash out anytime you need to, however, you may incur penalties
The investment return arrangement of money market funds makes for an attractive investment. The earn rate of money market fund is higher than inflation rate by design and is better than a savings account
Investments in money market fund is possible with little amounts of money. Minimum investment amount varies per mutual fund manager chosen
Investing in money market fund is an easy and convenient way to start to learn about investments and financial literacy
Africa-UK: Female Tech Founders 2020 Applications(Funding available)
Applications are open for fast rising female entrepreneurs based in Nigeria, Kenya or South Africa. Launched by the International Tech Hub Network, the Africa-UK: Female Tech Founders 2020 is a programme for female entrepreneurs using tech to solve a local development challenge.
The programme will bring 15 of the continent’s most ambitious development-focused women entrepreneurs to the UK in January.
Across a three day tailored programme (20 – 22 January), participants will benefit from masterclasses, events and workshops designed to provide in-depth training on how to scale and grow their business, expand into the UK, and how best to position their purpose-driven organisations. Participants will discover the UK’s thriving tech ecosystem, exploring new opportunities for global partnerships and increased investment through peer-to-peer networking.
The agenda will include:
- Training session led by successful female tech leaders sharing their funding journey
- Masterclass event covering: protecting IP and raising offshore funding; accessing finance; scaling a purpose driven social impact business; protecting customers’ data
- Roundtable with GEP alumni addressing scaling successfully in the UK
- Tailored mentoring event with UK startups, including female founders
- Innovation tour of co-working spaces, including Google Campus
- Networking dinner with UK and African entrepreneurs
Activities will be delivered by UK tech experts and the Department for International Trade’s Global Entrepreneur Programme (GEP) Dealmakers and alumni, including prominent female tech leaders.
The programme will be delivered alongside the Africa Investment Summit, taking place in London on 20 January. Winners are expected to be able to attend the Summit.
Five founders from each country will be selected to join the delegation to the UK in January 2020.
Application deadline is 21 November 5pm (GMT).
Business3 weeks ago
Why Youth Empowerment Is Important In Nigeria
Featured2 weeks ago
Apply for the 2020 Local Pathways Fellowship for Young Urban Leaders
Featured2 weeks ago
Investment Readiness Tips for startups
Listicles2 days ago
5 Profitable Business Ideas for Introverts
Featured2 weeks ago
2020 Knight-Bagehot Fellowship in Economics and Business Journalism