Are you a young musician, composer, singer-songwriter, instrumentalist between 20 and 30 years old from a transition or developing country? You want to work professionally in the music field, with your own label or with a booking agency or want to use your music more target-oriented? If you have made first experiences in your field already, Goethe Talents Scholarship will help you to reach the next level.
Pop-Kultur Festival in cooperation with the Goethe-Institut offers activities to experience the Music City Berlin in the run-up to the Festival: Studio visits, jam-sessions, short traineeships in selected companies of the Berlin creative industries, listening sessions and meetings with scholarship holders of Musicboard Berlin GmbH, as well as many other activities, such as visiting concerts will be taking place during the week before Pop-Kultur. Networking will be a big part of the experience.
You will also be joining the Pop-Kultur Nachwuchs programme which is going down from August 26th to August 28th in a couple of locations at Kulturbrauerei Berlin. International professionals give personal insights into their work and share their expert knowledge through workshops, case studies and talks with you – lively and practical instead of dry and read off.
Once more the programme offers spots to talents from all over the world. Hence, you’ll be able to network across borders. You will also get a chance to perform on the Nachwuchs-Stage on one of the evenings in the Pop-Kultur Live programme.
In summer 2021, one of the Goethe 2020 alumni will get the chance to return to Berlin for a month-long Goethe residency. The aim of the residency is to support artistic and cultural exchange through the creation a new piece of music in collaboration with a Berlin-based artist, which will then be presented in the official live programme of Pop-Kultur 2021.
The application phase starts February 18th and ends on March 18th. An expert jury will pick 10 talents for the sought-after spots in the programme.
The scholarship starts on August 18th and ends on August 30th 2020.
What you can expect:
The participation fee, accommodation, travel expenses, hospitality (per diem of 10 €) will be covered by the Goethe-Institut for the period of August 18th to August 30th, 2020. The Goethe-Institut will also book and pay for flights and will help with visa issues. Additionally, the Musicboard will give the talents a Festival Ticket free of charge plus access to Pop-Kultur’s networking area for professionals, organize accommodation (breakfast included), cover health insurance and public transportation in Berlin.
What we expect:
Every participant should prepare a short input talk (approx. 10 min.) in advance about his/her experience in the music field thus far and about the music scene in his/her respective country.
Advanced English skills are crucial as there is no translation available. You will be tested in advance by the local Goethe-Institut.
You need work experience in the field of music. We need proof of at least 3 projects and a link to a video of a live performance of yours.
You have to cover all additional expenses that might occur during your stay.
All applications are for one person. No accompanying persons can be sponsored or included in the programme.
If you do not board your booked flight or cancel the programme on short notice, you are obliged to reimburse the Goethe-Institut and the Musicboard for any expenses accrued.
Applying for Goethe International Music scholarship
Looking for scholarships for music students,music production,music education,music scholarship for international students?
Find further information at the Goethe Talents Registration 2020 website
3 Affordable European Universities With No Application Fees
Sending applications to foreign universities can be costly. Especially, if you decide to send multiple applications at the same time, paying multiple application fees.
On the average, application fees for a US university cost around $75. It is a similar case in Canada and Europe. Therefore, you end up spending a lot while applying to multiple universities. That is to say, if unfortunately you don’t get the offers you want, you would have to count your losses.
However, there is good news. Some good affordable universities in Europe do not require an application fee. There is more but our focus today is on the institutions mentioned below.
EUAS is an international university located in Tallinn, Estonia. EUAS is a small but quality university with over 1600 students from across the world. Students have a choice of studying in either Estonian, English or Russian.
Applicants can apply for any of these undergraduate programs, Start-Up Entrepreneurship, Game Design and Development, Creativity and Business Innovation and Software Development & Entrepreneurship, or their MBA program directly via the university’s website at no cost. If you meet the requirements of the institution, you can create a user profile, submit your credentials and wait to be contacted.
Tuition is about 5,000 Euros per year.
Located in Norway, the University of Bergen is ranked amongst the top 5 universities in the country. Applicants can apply via the institution’s portal for degree programs in Arts and Humanities, Engineering and Technology, Life Sciences and Medicine», Natural Science, Social Sciences and Management.
UiB also offers about 25 masters degree programs taught in English in the field of medicine, social sciences and psychology, humanities and aesthetic studies, and natural sciences and technical subjects.
All their master’s programs have a duration of two years. Furthermore, it should be noted that undergraduate programs are not taught in English.
The tuition fee is about 1,000 Dollars per year but international students are to show a statement of account of a little over 12,000 Dollars when applying for a visa.
The University of Vienna is one of the oldest and largest universities in Europe. It is located in Vienna, Austria.
Just like the above-mentioned universities, the University of Vienna does not require an application fee. You can apply directly through the school’s website as long as you can provide the needed credentials.
Furthermore, international applicants aside students from some developing countries, only need to pay 746.92 Euros per year.
2020 NNPC/SPDC Joint Venture Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC), operator of the SPDC Joint Venture, is pleased to announce the Tenth annual NNPC/SPDC_JV Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship for applicants from Bayelsa, Delta, Imo and Rivers states. The objective of the scholarship programme is to provide postgraduate study opportunity in courses relevant to the oil and gas industry, for qualifying students from listed Niger Delta states.
In nine years of the programme, 92 students have won the opportunity to study at top-rated universities in the UK on full scholarship
The following courses qualify for award of scholarships at the three institutions:
|Imperial College London||MSc Petroleum Engineering MSc Petroleum GeoscienceMSc Applied Computational Science and Engineering|
|University of Abeerdeen||MSc GeophysicsMSc Safety & Reliability Engineering for Oil & GasMSc Advanced Chemical EngineeringMSc Integrated Petroleum Geoscience|
|University of Leeds||MSc Exploration GeophysicsMSc Electronic/Electrical Engineering|
To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must;
- display intellectual ability and leadership potential
- have an adequate standard of English (at least 6.5 in IELTS) and meet the College’s language requirement
- have been offered admission to study on one of the Eligible Courses at the College having applied through the normal application process;
- already hold (or expect to hold by the time of taking up the Scholarship) a degree of an equivalent standard to a UK Upper Second Class Honours degree
- must have completed their National Youth Service by September 2020
- be ordinarily indigenes of Bayelsa, Delta, Imo and Rivers State, and intend to return to Nigeria on completion of proposed programme of study
- have not already had the chance of studying in the UK or other developed country.
- be aged between 21-28 years by 30/09/2020
- currently reside in Nigeria
- have a Nigerian international passport valid till December 2020
- Employees, employees’ relatives (or former employees who have left employment less than 5 years before) of SPDC, Royal Dutch SHELL Group of Companies or the College will not be eligible to apply for the Scholarships
- Submit application for admission to any of the participating universities for any of the qualifying courses.
- Application forms for the scholarship will ONLY be available through the websites of the Imperial College London, the University of Leeds and University of Aberdeen, following a formal offer of admission by the university.
- The universities will process applications and select candidates who will attend interviews with SPDC before being considered for final selection.
- Completed scholarship application forms must reach participating universities not later than April 15, 2020.
The scholarship will cover tuition, one economy return-flight ticket from Nigeria to the UK and a contribution towards living expenses only.
More information on specific course admission requirements can be obtained from the websites of the three individual universities.
- Please note that the stipends (living expenses) are based on the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) published living rates and are limited to this only.
- This is a non-committal scholarship. Note that NEITHER SPDC NOR any Shell affiliated company is obligated to offer employment of any sort to any candidate upon graduation, neither are successful candidates bonded to SPDC for any period of time on account of the scholarship award.
- SPDC will only provide a medical insurance in line with UK Student Visa requirements
For More Information: Visit the Official Webpage of the SPDC 2020 Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme