The 2020 TechWomen application is now open!
The application will close on 09:00AM PST (GMT-08:00), Wednesday, January 15, 2020.
TechWomen brings emerging women leaders in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) from Africa, Central and South Asia, and the Middle East together with their professional counterparts in the United States for a mentorship and exchange program. TechWomen provides participants access to networks, resources and knowledge to empower them to reach their full potential.
- Be women with, at minimum, two years full-time professional experience in the STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) fields. Please note that internships and other unpaid work experience does not count toward the two-year professional experience requirement.
- Have, at minimum, a bachelor’s degree/four-year university degree or equivalent.
- Be proficient in written and spoken English.
- Be citizens and permanent residents of Algeria, Cameroon, Egypt, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Nigeria, Pakistan, the Palestinian Territories, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan or Zimbabwe at the time of application and while participating in the program.
- Be eligible to obtain a U.S. J-1 exchange visitor visa.
- Not have applied for an immigrant visa to the United States (other than the Diversity Immigrant Visa, also known as the “visa lottery”) in the past five years.
- Not hold U.S. citizenship or be a U.S. legal permanent resident.
Preference will be given to applicants who:
- Demonstrate themselves as emerging leaders in their chosen professional track through their work experience, volunteer experience, community activities and education.
- Are committed to return to their home countries to share what they have learned and mentor women and girls.
- Have limited or no prior experience in the United States.
- Have a proven record of voluntary or public service in their communities.
- Have a demonstrated track record of entrepreneurialism and commitment to innovation.
- Demonstrate a willingness to participate in exchange programs, welcome opportunities for mentoring and new partnership development, and exhibit confidence and maturity.
TechWomen encourages people with diverse backgrounds and skills to apply, including individuals with disabilities.
For further details, visit the techwomen.org website
2020 ARM Young Talent Programme
The ARM Young Talent Programme (AYTP) is designed to provide exemplary university students with the opportunity to develop an early career at ARM through exposure to meaningful assignments that offer opportunities to gain real-world experience.
It is our chosen way to influence the development of talent in our environment. The AYTP offers our interns good learning opportunities, via practical work experience prior to entry into the labour market or progression to further ones’ career. The AYTP allows ARM tackle some of the challenges relating to capacity building, by facilitating the creation and provision of possible employment opportunities for interns upon obtaining their University degree and completion of their internship programme with the firm.
This is a great chance to get your career started at a leading investment management firm and gain some valuable work experience.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
In addition to working with the best people in the industry, our interns are provided with comprehensive training in an environment which is geared towards learning, and are exposed to real life business projects, transactions, and company initiatives.
At the end of the programme, interns are required to write a report and give a presentation on a project topic in order to assess their suitability. In addition to developing technical skills and experience, the AYTP provides interns the opportunity to develop interpersonal skills through networking with other interns, current employees and clients.
Please note the following;
The programme location is Lagos, Nigeria.
The programme will start 15th June, 2020
Candidates are expected to be available physically for the programme.
Accommodation and transportation will not be provided.
- Candidate must be an undergraduate
- Candidate must have completed at least a year of their degree
- Candidate must be on track for a 2:1 degree or equivalent at least
- Candidate must be available to resume 15th June 2020 if successful
2020 Stanbic IBTC Digital Graduate Trainee Program (DigiTAP)
The Digital Graduate Trainee Program (DigiTAP) is the flagship digital graduate trainee attraction program designed to aid the identification and attraction of unique digitally savvy candidates, equip and position them to be able to drive the future digital and technology objectives of Stanbic IBTC Group. It is an intensive program and unique opportunity for young people who are resourceful and passionate about building a fast-tracked career and to help us drive our success into the future.
- Graduates Trainees will be required to work in varied work roles/ locations and context with increasing levels of complexity. They will be exposed to varied digital projects, workstreams, challenges and developmental programs.
- Applicants must be passionate about building a career in Stanbic IBTC and working in a dynamic and forward thinking environment.
- Graduate Trainees would be based in Lagos but may be deployed to any department and locations across the country.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Applicants must be IT Software Developers, Cloud Security Analyst, Cyber Security Engineers, Data Engineers, Mobile App Developers, Blockchain Developers, IoT Developers, UI/UX Developers, Linux OS Administrators, Database Administrators, Applications Support.
- Minimum of a Second Class Upper (or its equivalent) degree in an Information Technology or Engineering related course from an accredited University.
- Minimum of 5 credits (Mathematics and English inclusive) in GCE, NECO or its equivalent
- Applicants should not be more than 26 years of age as at engagement.
- Applicants must have concluded NYSC and must have discharge certificate in hand.
- Applicant’s Date of Birth, Gender and Class of Degree must be clearly stated.
- User Interface & User Experience Design
- Microservice architecture & development
- UI/UX development
- Cloud security expert
- CI/CD technology
- Automated testing
- Cloud immersion
- Cloud Admin/Technician
- Cloud application development
- Penetration Testing skills
- Cloud Security
- Linux OS Administrator
- Operations Support
- New Data analytics platforms & support
- Emerging intrusion detection
- Conceptual, Innovative and Analytical
- Intermediate to expert competence in the use of MS Office Suite
For further information, visit the the website for the Stanbic IBTC Digital Graduate Trainee Program