Each year, six successful innovative projects addressing global educational challenges are recognized and promoted by WISE Awards. More than 3,000 applications have been received from over 150 countries since 2009. The selected projects are models of excellence that serve as an inspiration for others to improve education through innovation and creative action.
Each WISE Awards winning project will receive US$20,000. More benefits include increased public interest through media exposure and other channels. The WISE Awards is not a grant scheme aimed at supporting projects, nor is it intended to be a source of funding for new and untried ideas. Any such applications or nominations will not be considered.
Who can apply/nominate a project for the WISE Awards
The 2020 WISE Awards submission procedure accepts both applications and nominations.
Ongoing/existing education projects run by following types of organization working in the field of education are invited to apply or nominate.
- academic networks,
- schools consortia
- civil society and community organizations
- international agencies
- private-sector companies
Projects can also belong to any education sector such as pre-primary, primary, secondary, tertiary, vocational training, higher education, special needs education, education for people with disabilities, informal learning, and distance-based, non-formal and lifelong learning.
Finally, projects from any part of the world can apply or be nominated for the WISE Awards.
Applications should be for original works and projects, and should be submitted by a representative working within the project. All applicants should therefore guarantee that their organization, or they themselves, originated the project, and should not hold WISE liable for any action or claim from a third party with respect to the project submitted.
Nominations can be submitted by persons external to the organization running the project, this could be a beneficiary, partnering organization, government agency…etc. Nominators will be requested to identify themselves in the submission form, although this information will be kept confidential by WISE. Nominators may or may not request information from the project in order to best fill out the nomination form. However, WISE will contact nominated projects if they are shortlisted for the Pre-Jury evaluation.
Anyone who has submitted a previous application to the WISE Awards can submit a new application for the same – or for a different – project.
What type of projects are we looking for?
The WISE Awards recognize innovative educational projects that have already demonstrated a transformative impact on individuals, communities and society.
The ideal project would be an ongoing, innovative and impactful education initiative that:
- Has an excellent record of proven success
- Is financially sustainable
- Has a clear plan indicating the project’s future objectives and future development
- Is scalable
- Is replicable in other contexts and regions of the world
- Has a clear understanding and knowledge of:
→ its innovative nature
→ its distinctiveness within its sphere of action, and;
→ the type and depth of its impact on its beneficiaries.
For further information, visit the WISE Awards website.
2020 ARM Young Talent Programme
The ARM Young Talent Programme (AYTP) is designed to provide exemplary university students with the opportunity to develop an early career at ARM through exposure to meaningful assignments that offer opportunities to gain real-world experience.
It is our chosen way to influence the development of talent in our environment. The AYTP offers our interns good learning opportunities, via practical work experience prior to entry into the labour market or progression to further ones’ career. The AYTP allows ARM tackle some of the challenges relating to capacity building, by facilitating the creation and provision of possible employment opportunities for interns upon obtaining their University degree and completion of their internship programme with the firm.
This is a great chance to get your career started at a leading investment management firm and gain some valuable work experience.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
In addition to working with the best people in the industry, our interns are provided with comprehensive training in an environment which is geared towards learning, and are exposed to real life business projects, transactions, and company initiatives.
At the end of the programme, interns are required to write a report and give a presentation on a project topic in order to assess their suitability. In addition to developing technical skills and experience, the AYTP provides interns the opportunity to develop interpersonal skills through networking with other interns, current employees and clients.
Please note the following;
The programme location is Lagos, Nigeria.
The programme will start 15th June, 2020
Candidates are expected to be available physically for the programme.
Accommodation and transportation will not be provided.
- Candidate must be an undergraduate
- Candidate must have completed at least a year of their degree
- Candidate must be on track for a 2:1 degree or equivalent at least
- Candidate must be available to resume 15th June 2020 if successful
2020 Stanbic IBTC Digital Graduate Trainee Program (DigiTAP)
The Digital Graduate Trainee Program (DigiTAP) is the flagship digital graduate trainee attraction program designed to aid the identification and attraction of unique digitally savvy candidates, equip and position them to be able to drive the future digital and technology objectives of Stanbic IBTC Group. It is an intensive program and unique opportunity for young people who are resourceful and passionate about building a fast-tracked career and to help us drive our success into the future.
- Graduates Trainees will be required to work in varied work roles/ locations and context with increasing levels of complexity. They will be exposed to varied digital projects, workstreams, challenges and developmental programs.
- Applicants must be passionate about building a career in Stanbic IBTC and working in a dynamic and forward thinking environment.
- Graduate Trainees would be based in Lagos but may be deployed to any department and locations across the country.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Applicants must be IT Software Developers, Cloud Security Analyst, Cyber Security Engineers, Data Engineers, Mobile App Developers, Blockchain Developers, IoT Developers, UI/UX Developers, Linux OS Administrators, Database Administrators, Applications Support.
- Minimum of a Second Class Upper (or its equivalent) degree in an Information Technology or Engineering related course from an accredited University.
- Minimum of 5 credits (Mathematics and English inclusive) in GCE, NECO or its equivalent
- Applicants should not be more than 26 years of age as at engagement.
- Applicants must have concluded NYSC and must have discharge certificate in hand.
- Applicant’s Date of Birth, Gender and Class of Degree must be clearly stated.
- User Interface & User Experience Design
- Microservice architecture & development
- UI/UX development
- Cloud security expert
- CI/CD technology
- Automated testing
- Cloud immersion
- Cloud Admin/Technician
- Cloud application development
- Penetration Testing skills
- Cloud Security
- Linux OS Administrator
- Operations Support
- New Data analytics platforms & support
- Emerging intrusion detection
- Conceptual, Innovative and Analytical
- Intermediate to expert competence in the use of MS Office Suite
For further information, visit the the website for the Stanbic IBTC Digital Graduate Trainee Program