Location - Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type - Full Time
15th January, 2020
Bachelor of Science
Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, the Ikeja Electric (IE), Nigeria’s largest power distribution network, came into existence on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company Of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
IE is currently accepting applications for 2020 Young Engineers Programme.
Successful candidates will be expected to work within the power distribution sector with experienced engineers, developing skills and experience in order to become a competent and effective professional Engineer within the Power Sector and provided with challenging job opportunities
- Preferably fresh from the university but certainly with not more than 2 years’ experience, who are highly intelligent, hardworking, having the ability to apply common sense in analyzing and resolving problems and who value integrity more than wealth.
- Minimum B.Sc. or, preferably, M.Sc. Degree in Engineering, in one of the following disciplines Electrical Engineering and Electronics Engineering from reputable Universities with a minimum of 2nd class upper
- Must have completed NYSC
- Maximum age of 26 years as of December 2019
2020 Stanbic IBTC Digital Graduate Trainee Program (DigiTAP)
The Digital Graduate Trainee Program (DigiTAP) is the flagship digital graduate trainee attraction program designed to aid the identification and attraction of unique digitally savvy candidates, equip and position them to be able to drive the future digital and technology objectives of Stanbic IBTC Group. It is an intensive program and unique opportunity for young people who are resourceful and passionate about building a fast-tracked career and to help us drive our success into the future.
- Graduates Trainees will be required to work in varied work roles/ locations and context with increasing levels of complexity. They will be exposed to varied digital projects, workstreams, challenges and developmental programs.
- Applicants must be passionate about building a career in Stanbic IBTC and working in a dynamic and forward thinking environment.
- Graduate Trainees would be based in Lagos but may be deployed to any department and locations across the country.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Applicants must be IT Software Developers, Cloud Security Analyst, Cyber Security Engineers, Data Engineers, Mobile App Developers, Blockchain Developers, IoT Developers, UI/UX Developers, Linux OS Administrators, Database Administrators, Applications Support.
- Minimum of a Second Class Upper (or its equivalent) degree in an Information Technology or Engineering related course from an accredited University.
- Minimum of 5 credits (Mathematics and English inclusive) in GCE, NECO or its equivalent
- Applicants should not be more than 26 years of age as at engagement.
- Applicants must have concluded NYSC and must have discharge certificate in hand.
- Applicant’s Date of Birth, Gender and Class of Degree must be clearly stated.
- User Interface & User Experience Design
- Microservice architecture & development
- UI/UX development
- Cloud security expert
- CI/CD technology
- Automated testing
- Cloud immersion
- Cloud Admin/Technician
- Cloud application development
- Penetration Testing skills
- Cloud Security
- Linux OS Administrator
- Operations Support
- New Data analytics platforms & support
- Emerging intrusion detection
- Conceptual, Innovative and Analytical
- Intermediate to expert competence in the use of MS Office Suite
For further information, visit the the website for the Stanbic IBTC Digital Graduate Trainee Program
Food & Agriculture Organization; 2020 HQ Internship Programme
Organizational Unit : FAO Headquarters
Job Type : Internship
Duration : 3 - 11 Months
Closure Date : 31 July 2020
The Internship Programme is a learning opportunity aiming to attract talented young women and men who are strongly motivated to share their new perspectives, innovative ideas and latest research experience in FAO’s domains. The programme provides selected students, enrolled in an under-graduate, graduate or post-graduate degree programme or recent graduates with the opportunity to supplement, their academic knowledge with a practical work assignments in a field related to the work of FAO. This will enable them to gain a better understanding of FAO’s mandate and programmes. At the same time, the Programme provides FAO with the assistance of qualified individuals specializing in relevant fields in connection to FAO Strategic Objectives and UN Sustainable Development Goals.
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) leads international efforts to defeat hunger and to support development in member countries in the areas of agriculture, fisheries and forestry. FAO’s mandate is to raise levels of nutrition, improve agricultural productivity, better the lives of rural populations and contribute to the growth of the world economy.
The intern will report to an assigned supervisor.
The intern will be assigned to different fields of work according to his/her profile and to the needs of the Organization.
Tasks and responsibilities
The intern will perform the functions specified in the Terms of Reference (TOR) prepared by the hiring office before the beginning of the assignment and agreed by the intern.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
Enrolled in an under-graduate, graduate degree programme in a bona fide (i.e. listed in the IAU/UNESCO data base) educational institution at the time of application or recent graduates.
Candidates must specialize in a field relevant to the mission and work of FAO.
Working knowledge of at least one FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian or Spanish). Knowledge of a second FAO language will be considered an asset. Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE and LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
Be nationals of FAO Member Nations.
Candidates should be aged between 21 and 30.
Candidates should be able to adapt to an international multicultural environment and have good communication skills.
Candidates with family members (defined as brother, sister, mother or father) employed by FAO under any type of contractual arrangement are not eligible for the Internship Programme.
Candidates should have appropriate residence or immigration status in the proposed duty station prior to the start of the internship assignment.
FAO Core Competencies
Building Effective Relationships
Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Relevant academic experience in one of the fields of the Organization.
Candidates may be assigned in a field relevant to the mission and work of FAO.
Information to applicants
Qualified female applicants and qualified nationals of non- and under-represented member nations as well as candidates from the global south and Indigenous Peoples are encouraged to apply.
Candidates are requested to attach to their application a letter of motivation, the evidence of attendance in a recognized university or copy of their academic qualifications and copies of their language proficiency certificates.
All applications will be reviewed and only qualified applicants will be directly contacted for interviews by the hiring office.
FAO pays a monthly stipend to interns if they are not sponsored by sending universities or other entities.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, visit the recruitment website Jobs at FAO at FAO and complete your online profile. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered.
Vacancies will be removed from the recruitment portal at 23:59 Central European Time (CET) on the deadline for applications date. We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org