Applications are open for 2020 Young Entrepreneurship Programme.
The YSE Programme seeks to inspire, equip and enable youth from different nationalities start a social enterprises in Singapore and beyond. So if you have a social enterprise idea, let’s help you make it happen! Participants will learn from leading social entrepreneurs, business professionals and other youth who are keen on social innovation. It is also an opportunity to expand networks for potential collaborations.
Admitted participants will attend a 4-day YSE Workshop held in March 2020 in Singapore. There will be pitching sessions for a chance to be shortlisted into the YSE Programme. The programme includes a mentorship scheme and overseas study visit and an opportunity to pitch for funding.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Ecosystem – Join an international ecosystem of changemakers including like-minded individuals, corporates, practitioners and successful entrepreneurs
- Mentorship – Gain access to industry experts and professionals for mentorship
- Overseas Study Visits – Embark on overseas study visit and gain insights
- Grants – Develop your social enterprise with up to SGD$ 20,000 in grants!
YSE 2020 ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
We are looking for passionate young change-makers and entrepreneurs who have great ideas and are looking to develop their SE. Join now if you:
- Have a viable business proposition that addresses a social issue
- Are a committed individual or have a team (up to 3 members can join)
- Are between 18 to 30 years old (open to all nationalities)
Submit your application to the YSE 2020 Programme HERE!
Application closes on December 15, 2019
5 Reasons To Invest in Money Market Fund While Young
You run very little risk of losing your money in securities like bonds and treasury bills. As they are issued by the Federal Government, your money is safe
Your investment is very liquid. This means you can convert it to cash on short notice with any accrued profits for that period. For certificates of deposit, you can cash out anytime you need to, however, you may incur penalties
The investment return arrangement of money market funds makes for an attractive investment. The earn rate of money market fund is higher than inflation rate by design and is better than a savings account
Investments in money market fund is possible with little amounts of money. Minimum investment amount varies per mutual fund manager chosen
Investing in money market fund is an easy and convenient way to start to learn about investments and financial literacy
Africa-UK: Female Tech Founders 2020 Applications(Funding available)
Applications are open for fast rising female entrepreneurs based in Nigeria, Kenya or South Africa. Launched by the International Tech Hub Network, the Africa-UK: Female Tech Founders 2020 is a programme for female entrepreneurs using tech to solve a local development challenge.
The programme will bring 15 of the continent’s most ambitious development-focused women entrepreneurs to the UK in January.
Across a three day tailored programme (20 – 22 January), participants will benefit from masterclasses, events and workshops designed to provide in-depth training on how to scale and grow their business, expand into the UK, and how best to position their purpose-driven organisations. Participants will discover the UK’s thriving tech ecosystem, exploring new opportunities for global partnerships and increased investment through peer-to-peer networking.
The agenda will include:
- Training session led by successful female tech leaders sharing their funding journey
- Masterclass event covering: protecting IP and raising offshore funding; accessing finance; scaling a purpose driven social impact business; protecting customers’ data
- Roundtable with GEP alumni addressing scaling successfully in the UK
- Tailored mentoring event with UK startups, including female founders
- Innovation tour of co-working spaces, including Google Campus
- Networking dinner with UK and African entrepreneurs
Activities will be delivered by UK tech experts and the Department for International Trade’s Global Entrepreneur Programme (GEP) Dealmakers and alumni, including prominent female tech leaders.
The programme will be delivered alongside the Africa Investment Summit, taking place in London on 20 January. Winners are expected to be able to attend the Summit.
Five founders from each country will be selected to join the delegation to the UK in January 2020.
Application deadline is 21 November 5pm (GMT).
Business3 weeks ago
Why Youth Empowerment Is Important In Nigeria
Featured2 weeks ago
Apply for the 2020 Local Pathways Fellowship for Young Urban Leaders
Featured2 weeks ago
Investment Readiness Tips for startups
Listicles2 days ago
5 Profitable Business Ideas for Introverts
Featured2 weeks ago
Apply for World Citizen Talent Scholarship