You run very little risk of losing your money in securities like bonds and treasury bills. As they are issued by the Federal Government, your money is safe
Your investment is very liquid. This means you can convert it to cash on short notice with any accrued profits for that period. For certificates of deposit, you can cash out anytime you need to, however, you may incur penalties
The investment return arrangement of money market funds makes for an attractive investment. The earn rate of money market fund is higher than inflation rate by design and is better than a savings account
Investments in money market fund is possible with little amounts of money. Minimum investment amount varies per mutual fund manager chosen
Investing in money market fund is an easy and convenient way to start to learn about investments and financial literacy
5 Things You Need To Know Before You build A Website
It used to be a luxury to own a website or even have internet access. I remember when my cousin introduced me to the internet as a kid in the 90s. He had to pay over N70,000 to subscribe to the internet. It felt so luxurious at the time.
Today, some still see owning a website as a luxury which should not be the case. It is not a luxury. It has become necessary in 2020 to have a website, whether personal or for business.
This article highlights 5 reasons why every small business should own a website. And if you already own one, why you should keep it updated.
1. Your Own Internet Identity
Having your own internet identity plays a vital role in improving your brand image. You need to own your domain name (www.yourcompany.com) before someone else claims it.
There are people that are making money online today with domain flipping. It is the process of buying domains that are perceived to be of value to be sold for profit in the near future.
It would be more costly for you to get your domain name if someone else already claimed it. The time is now. Would you like to check if the domain name relating to your brand name e.g dominos.com is still available? You can visit godaddy.com to do a name search for free.
Having your own domain name allows for your own internet identity aside your social media pages. It is one of the factors that can ensure that you have a strong brand identity over time.
2. Boost Your Brand Image
When you have a well designed and structured website, you don’t only attract potential customers. You have a platform where potential customers can visit for more information about your brand.
You can create content on social media platforms. However, your website presents an avenue for more structured information for potential customers. The design, messaging style and user experience on your website can be of great value to your brand image.
3. Own Your Content And More Control
Have you ever been censored on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter or Instagram?. If you have ever been censored, you will easily understand why it is important to have some level of control and right to what you post. Having your own website allows for you to have more control over what you publish.
Furthermore, platforms like Facebook and Instagram are not yours. You can wake up someday to realize you have been banned from using your social media accounts. And if they are your main source of traffic for business survival, that would spell TROUBLE for you in capital letters.
Therefore, it makes business sense to get your own domain name regardless of your level of popularity on social media. Use a user friendly, SEO friendly content management system like WordPress and get your site hosted for cheap with a hosting company like Blue Host or Namecheap and always ensure that you have your content including information on email subscribers backed up.
4. Sell Directly To Your Target Market
With your own WordPress powered website, you can easily install and an eCommerce plugin like Woocommerce and sell your products or services directly to your customers.
Additionally, you can create email lists with landing pages and sales funnels that carry potential customer through a revenue generating journey. You don’t have to be a professional marketer to accomplish this.
For example, steadygettingit.com was initially developed by a professional web developer but steadygettingit-shop, our ecommerce platform, was created by a digital marketer with no advanced web development experience and it is currently serving paying customers perfectly.
5. Open New Doors
While it is possible to sell without a website, having your own business website can open new doors for your brand. You can attract new customers that are searching for products and services like yours via Google. You can also direct investors to your website to learn more about what you do.
In addition, you should maintain a blog as part of your website. With a blog, you can improve your ranking on search engines. A better search engine rank would result in more free traffic to your website from Google. Traffic that can be monetized.
In conclusion, even though you have to still pay yearly for your domain name and monthly, or yearly for hosting, platforms like godaddy.com and bluehost.com allow for you to set up at an affordable rate. You get to have your own internet identity, improve your brand image, have more control over your content, sell directly to potential customers and create more opportunities for your business.
40 Powerful Marketing Quotes That Can Transform Your Business
Marketing can be chaotic when considering different strategies. When considering strategies in relation to content marketing, social media, brand reputation management, and ad campaigns.
Sometimes, we just need straight forward quotes with a few words that cut right to the point to achieve our business goals.
The powerful quotes listed below would either inspire you or make things clearer as you strive for marketing success.
Advertising Quotes You Should See
1. “Doing business without advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing, but nobody else does.” Steuart H. Britt
2. “Nobody has ever built a brand by imitating somebody else’s advertising.” David Ogilvy
3. “Advertising should say, ‘Here’s what we’ve got. Here’s what it will do for you. Here’s how to get it.” Leo Burnett
4. “If an ad campaign is built around a weak idea — or as is so often the case, no idea at all — I don’t give a damn how good the execution is, it’s going to fail.” Morris Hite
5. “Lack of money is no obstacle. Lack of an idea is an obstacle.” Ken Hakuta
6. “If you can’t turn yourself into your customer, you probably shouldn’t be in the ad writing business at all.” Leo Burnett
7. “The consumer isn’t a moron, she is your wife.” David Ogilvy
9. “The biggest mistake young designers make is that they try to make their advertising look like advertising” Jeff Goodby
10. “People don’t buy what you do, they buy why you do it.” Simon Sinek
Content Marketing Quotes
11. “Content is king, but engagement is queen, and the lady rules the house!” Mari Smith
12. “Content marketing is really like a first date. If all you do is talk about yourself, there won’t be a second date.” David Beebe
13. “There is no content strategy without measurement strategy. Before embarking on a content initiative, irrespective of medium or platform, it’s important to know what you want to achieve.” Rebecca Lieb
14. “Content is the atomic particle of all digital marketing.” Rebecca Lieb
15. “Content builds relationships. Relationships are built on trust. Trust drives revenue.” Andrew Davis
16. “Content Marketing is no longer a numbers game. It’s a game of relevance.” Jason Miller
17. “Create content that reaches your audience’s audience.” Ajayi Oluwasegun
18. “Content marketing is a commitment, not a campaign.” Jon Buscall
19. “Actually talk to your customers. Use the language that they use. Talk about the things they talk about. Never feed salad to a lion.” Jay Acunzo
20. “Content Marketing is not simply a campaign or a tactic, it’s a commitment.” Valerie Uhlir
Storytelling Marketing Quotes
21. “Storytelling is about taking someone on a journey with you.” Robert Fogarty
22. “Marketing is no longer about the stuff you make, but about the stories you tell.” Seth Godin
23. “The key is, no matter what story you tell, make your buyer the hero.” Chris Brogan
24. “I’m obsessed with giving the audience something they don’t see coming.” Jordan Peele
25. “Purposeful storytelling isn’t show business, it’s good business.” Peter Guber
26. “We are all storytellers. We all live in a network of stories. There isn’t a stronger connection between people than storytelling.” Jimmy Neil Smith
27. “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” Maya Angelou
28. “If you wish to influence an individual or a group to embrace a particular value in their daily lives, tell them a compelling story.” Annette Simmons
29. “Marketing is no longer about the stuff that you make, but about the stories you tell.” Seth Godin
30. “Storytelling helps people relate to you on a deeper level. It brings meaning to the general experience and gives you the know, like, and trust factor.” Unknown Author
Social Media Marketing Quotes
31. “Social media is just a buzzword until you come up with a plan.” Unknown
32. “Social media is a contact sport.” Margaret Molloy
33. “Sell-sell-sell sales methods simply do not work on social media.” Kim Garst
34. “Social media is about the people! Not about your business. Provide for the people and the people will provide you.” – Matt Goulart
35. “Social media creates communities, not markets.” Don Schultz
36. “Build it, and they will come” only works in the movies. Social Media is a “build it, nurture it, engage them and they may come and stay.” Seth Godin
37. “Focus on how to be social, not on how to do social.” Jay Baer
38. “Getting the like is easy. It’s a light action. Anything else requires trust.” Jon Loomer
39. “Successful companies in social media function more like entertainment companies, publishers, or party planners than as traditional advertisers.” Erik Qualman
40. “Put your energy into making things that are likeable, not some douchey social media strategy.” Matthew Inman
How To Maximize Profit As A Small Business Owner
Will Telecommuting Play A Major Role In The Future Of Work?
What Experts Are Saying About Stock Market Investing Right Now
Industries That Have Benefited The Most From The Outbreak Of COVID-19
5 Reasons Why The Nigerian Service Culture Should Change
Why Having A Strong Brand Is Good Business
Business6 days ago
5 Reasons Why The Nigerian Service Culture Should Change
Business1 week ago
How To Build A Profitable Social Media Presence For Your Brand
Scholarships1 week ago
The Rhodes Scholarship For West Africa
Business3 days ago
How To Deal With Stress While Running A Small Business In Nigeria