An entrepreneur with an existing business or a promising business idea that requires funding can access funding due to following reasons:
- Government interventions: Governments support local entrepreneurs because they are key drivers of any economy. Local entrepreneurs create jobs, generate revenue for government by paying taxes, and contribute to national GDP.
- Profit: The purpose of every investor, bank, venture capital and private equity firm is to invest for profit. If no investment is made, there will be no profit.
- Foreign policy: Annually, the international development organizations of developed nations spend huge amounts to fund promising ideas, projects and initiatives all over the world.
- Social impact: Numerous NGOs, Corporate organizations and philanthropists invest actively in entrepreneurs every year. The funds they invest are usually given as grants, prize money and donations as part of an organization’s corporate social responsibility, societal impact efforts or for enhanced public perception.
- Innovation race: Every year, multinational organizations spend billions on programs that allow them to identify and nurture top talents, discover disruptive business ideas that could change industry landscape.
To be able to access funding on the above listed basis, you have to align your business to appeal to the motivations of these fund providing organizations. Do your due diligence. Look out for any of the funding organizations that best suits you and put your best feet forward.
The Roddenberry Prize 2020 for Organizations with innovative solutions
The $1M Roddenberry Prize is a call for big, bold solutions from anyone, anywhere that address the challenges of an unpredictable and fast-changing global landscape. Four game-changing and innovative solutions will each receive $250,000 for their work in one of the following fields: Education, Science, Environment, and Humanity. Applications from anyone — individuals, for-profits, teams, non-profits, and B-corps — are welcome.
Deadline: April 10, 2020.
The Roddenberry Foundation welcomes Prize applications from individuals, non-profits, social enterprises, and B-corps who meet all of the following:
- Individuals who are 18 years of age or older
- Organizations or institutions with a budget of $10mil or less
- Organizations whose primary focus of their work is either Education, Science, Environment, or Humanity
- Submit an application in English
- Include completed responses to all required application questions
- Agree to all legal terms and conditions of the Prize grant program
Be able to legally receive grant funding
Four awardees will receive $250,000 each. Awards will be announced in August 2020. The top organizations in each issue area that are not awarded a prize will be recognized publicly as Finalists.
Timeline and Applications
HOW TO APPLY
If you did not register for our new application system in 2019, or if you submitted an application in 2018 or earlier, you can create an account APPLY HERE.
If you did create an account, simply sign in HERE and click the “Apply” button on the right next to “Prize”.
For more Information: Visit the website for Roddenberry Prize 2020 for Social Entrepreneurs & Changemakers
PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2020 – Advisory Services
Job type: Permanent
Closing Date: 10-Feb-20
Reference Number: 125-NIG00237
PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) firms help organisations and individuals create the value they’re looking for. We’re a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 276,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. In Sub-Saharan Africa, we’re the largest provider of professional services with offices in 34 countries and over 9 000 people. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Roles & Responsibilities
Your learning with us begins with a structured 4 – 6 weeks induction course. This is the first element of a development framework that will help you build business awareness, technical, personal and management skills throughout your career.
Self-directed, career-long training is a key feature of life here at PwC. The entire working environment is designed to empower you to learn.
You will have access to a wealth of critical knowledge, such as best practices documentation and methodology tools. We will provide you with continuous on- the-job guidance, and you will acquire key knowledge about industries, business strategy and practical business issues faced by our clients through your daily experiences.
Professional qualifications will play a vital role in your career. We will provide you with all the support and resources you need to excel in your professional exams. . A coach who will play an important role in your career development will be made available to help you unlock your potentials, so that you can perform at your best.
International development is a valuable development opportunity which our global network can provide.
This provides you with the opportunity to spend a year or two gaining experience and fresh perspectives with one of the PwC firms around the world, or explore new cultures during short-term client assignments or training courses abroad.
* One (1) year RELEVANT post-NYSC experience
* Completion of National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) programme
* Minimum of Second Class Upper Division/Upper Credit
* Minimum of 5 ‘O’ level credits at one sitting including English Language and Mathematics
* This position is for our Advisory Services.
* PLEASE NOTE THAT ONCE YOU APPLY FOR THIS POSITION YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR THE ASSURANCE/TAX REGULATORY SERVICES POSITIONS AS MULTIPLE APPLICATION WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.