Ventures Platform, an Abuja based Nigerian technology hub has partnered with the Embassy of Ireland to bring Agrilab program to Nigeria.
AgriLab aims to enable young Nigerians to turn their startup ideas into full-fledged business models ready for investment.
AgriLab focuses on the agritech sector, an area where Ireland is a world leader and in which Nigeria needs to develop in order to diversify its economy and meet the demands of a fast growing population.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- You have a sustainable and scalable business model.
- You are resident in Nigeria
- You are between the ages of 18 – 35
- You are available to participate in the entire program if selected
- You are able to travel to Ireland for a business visit as part of this program
- You have a valid International Passport for the duration of the trip.
- Team Capabilities
- Agribusiness is Tech-enabled
- A completed application form
3-Day Ideation Workshop and Bootcamp
Selected startups get to learn the requisite knowledge needed to be accepted into the Incubation Program.
Participants will be exposed to workshops, mentorship and office spaces.
Participants get to receive $2,000 in seed capital.
Application deadline – 18th December 2019
For more information, visit http://agrilab.venturesplatform.com/
Just Imagine If… 2020 Competition
Do you have an innovative idea for a world-changing enterprise? Enter the JUST IMAGINE IF… 2020 competition for a chance to turn your idea into reality.
just IMAGINE if… is an annual international social enterprise and innovation competition, hosted by Durham University and Ella’s Kitchen founder, Paul Lindley.
The competition is open to anyone across the global who has a business idea which tackles at least one of the UN Sustainable Development Goals. just IMAGINE if… exists to drive social, economic and environmental change in the world by helping little ideas become big impact realities.
Ten shortlisted finalists will present their business idea in front of a panel of expert business leaders at the March 2020 final in Durham.
Each finalist will receive mentoring from a leading businessperson and professional pitch training from One Young World to perfect their presentation ahead of the event, and will attend a bespoke course at Durham Business School.
The winner will receive bespoke research support worth over £75,000 from Durham University, plus invaluable bespoke support from key business partners.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants will need to submit a video and written document which will be judged by a panel of judges. Applicants will need to:
- Demonstrate a clear vision of how the business idea will work and its viability.
- Provide a clear explanation as to the sustainability and scalability of the business idea.
- Provide a definition of which of the UN’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals the idea aims to tackle and how.
- Explain the impact that winning the research prize will make on your ability to develop your business idea.
Learn more and apply below. Any questions, email email@example.com.
DEADLINE: 2 FEBRUARY 2020
2020 AL-SUMAIT PRIZE FOR EDUCATION
Administered by the Kuwait Foundation for the Advancement of Sciences (KFAS) and a Board of Trustees, the annual Al-Sumait Prize honors individuals or institutions who have through their work or research made significant advances in the fields of food security, health and education in Africa.
The prize is awarded annually within one of three fields – Food Security, Health and Education – and has a value of $1,000,000 (One million US dollars).
The Prize is to be awarded to individuals or institutions who through their research projects or initiatives have made signiﬁcant advancement within one or more of the following areas (or other related fields):
- Improving people’s access to basic education, vocational & training programs and/or higher education.
- Improving literacy among all members of society.
- Decreasing the dependence of children’s education on the socio-economic status of their parents.
Conditions and requirements:
- The nominated candidates’ research work or projects and initiatives must be innovative and must have achieved high-impact in line with international standards for the prize.
- The submitted work must be of paramount importance in promoting significant economic, social, human resources and infrastructure development in the African continent within the announced field of the prize. Submitted research work of a nominated candidate should be composed of studies and applied research, published in peer-reviewed journals and recognized at a global level within the announced field. The research outcome needs to have been applied after publication in African countries within the past ten years. Adequate supporting evidence needs to be provided including collaboration with African and international NGOs and institutions.
- Nominations are to be accepted from institutions and scientific centers (universities, institutes, and centers of scientific research) as well as from competent regional or international and UN organizations and awards and former winners in the field of the prize or former evaluation members. Self nominations are not acceptable
- All submissions must be submitted in English. If the work is carried out in other working UN languages, a comprehensive summary of the nominated work in English must be submitted.
- Fill in the prize application form and send it along with the scientific production works electronically in PDF format via CD, DVD, Flash Memory or via the Kuwait Foundation for the Advancement of Sciences (KFAS) Prizes Office email firstname.lastname@example.org The nomination form can be obtained from the http://www.alsumaitprize.org/nominations/. Applications are addressed to the Director General of the foundation.
- The application and submitted works must be received before 30/06/2020