Applications are open for eight young people to lead the charge in protecting and promoting human rights across the Commonwealth.
The Commonwealth Youth Human Rights and Democracy Network (CYHRDN) seeks volunteers for its executive positions to serve from 2020 to 2022. CYHRDN is one of 10 Commonwealth Youth Networks supported by the Secretariat.
The open positions are:
- Policy Research and Advocacy Coordinator
- Communications Coordinator
- Education and Training Coordinator
- Partnership Engagement Coordinator
- Disability Rights Coordinator
- Rapporteur on Discrimination
- Rapporteur for Migrants and Refugees’ Rights
- be a Commonwealth citizen aged 15 to 29 years;
- have a strong commitment to promoting human rights and democracy;
- have experience of working with youth-led organizations or initiatives focused on human rights and democracy; and
- be available to commit 10-15 hours per week to the network’s activities.
How To Apply
Applicants should submit their resume and a cover letter outlining their experience to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 September 2020. The email subject line should include the position you are applying for and your full name.
Please visit the website for more information.
Technical Support Internship – MainOne
MainOne is a leading provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions for businesses in West Africa.
The Technical Support Intern will be responsible for the following functions:
- Configure, test, and provision customers on the CRM platform.
- Coordinate 3rd party installation and support activities.
- Assign new requests/opportunities captured from the MainOne website.
- Run weekly reports on incidents – opportunities and complaints.
- Network management and monitoring.
- Perform 1st level fault troubleshooting tasks.
- Liaise with OEM to resolve technical related issues.
- Liaise with the vendor(s) for customer installations.
- Escalate unresolved issues to the appropriate teams.
- Critically analyze customer complaints and issues with a bid to provide lasting solutions.
- Continually drive customer satisfaction through the speedy resolution of complaints.
- B.Sc/HND in Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Excellent communication skills.
- Multitasking skills.
- CCNA Certification and previous experience in a similar position will be an added advantage.
Please visit the company’s website for more information.
LEAP Afica’s Social Innovators Programme 2020, For Young Africans
LEAP Africa, in partnership with Union Bank, has announced the call for applications for the 2020/ 2021 cohort of the Social Innovators Programme (SIP). SIP is a one-year accelerator fellowship for young West African change-makers between 18-35 years.
Who Should Apply?
- Young persons between the ages of 18-35 years, whose ideas and initiatives offer effective solutions to challenges in local communities across Nigeria, The Gambia, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Ghana, English-speaking parts of Cameroon and Ivory Coast.
- Initiators/co-founders of a social-focused venture/enterprise located in Nigeria and the other focus regions. Women founders are strongly encouraged to apply
- Solution/ innovation by the enterprise must be adopting a market-based approach towards addressing a Sustainable Development Goal (SDG)
What Are We Looking For?
- Creativity/ Innovation: Level of creativity/innovation applied and their entrepreneurial approach towards social change.
- Leadership: Experience mobilizing people and resources to achieve set goals, and consistent drive for excellence.
- Sense of Purpose: Demonstrate a strong desire for social change within the community, to improve livelihoods, and to scale the impact of their social business.
- Right Attitude: Openness to learning and willingness to implement appropriate systems and structures for enterprise sustainability
Deadline: 30th August 2020. Please visit the website for more information.