The International Tech Hub Network’s Go Global Africa returns in 2020, following the success of the inaugural network-wide programme last year. Some of the most innovative startups working in FinTech, AgriTech, HealthTech and Clean Energy from across Kenya, Nigeria and South Africa will be invited to join in-country masterclasses as well as a UK programme.
Go Global Africa aims to give entrepreneurs from Kenya, Nigeria and South Africa who have developed products that are ready to go to market and raised investment the tools they need to grow their business globally, build links with the UK’s thriving digital sector and pave the way for future economic partnerships.
The 15 most promising startups, as determined by in-country pitch events, will come to the UK in March 2020. Here, they will benefit from a 5-day training programme designed to improve business skills and capability, build links with the UK’s thriving tech sector, and work with UK expertise to grow their business.
Applications are open to tech startups from Kenya, Nigeria and South Africa who meet ALL of the following criteria:
1. Work in one of the following four verticals: AgriTech, FinTech, HealthTech or Clean Energy
2. Post-MVP stage, fully operating in market
3. Can demonstrate a clear business model with evidence of customer traction
4. Looking to raise their first round of funding
5. Can demonstrate clear social impact potential
6. Can demonstrate commitment to strengthen the local ecosystem by passing on learnings to other startups
7. Ambition to expand internationally in the future
1. Film a video pitch explaining your product and value proposition, and how you will use this opportunity to benefit your startup and wider community
2. Upload this video to Youtube and include the link to your video when completing the form below
*video must not exceed 60 seconds
*video must be camera-facing not narrated
*video must feature the representative who would travel to the UK if successful
*video must be hosted on Youtube (we cannot accept any other formats, or links to shared folders)
NOTE: your submission must meet the above criteria and complete all required sections below in order to be considered
Applications close 3 February at 5pm (GMT)
Shortlisted participants notified by 7 February
(South Africa) 25 February
(Nigeria) 26 February
(Kenya) 28 February
In-country masterclass series:
(South Africa) 4-6 March
(Nigeria) 10-12 March
(Kenya) 17-19 March
UK programme 23-27 March
Flights, accommodation and meals for both the in-country masterclass and the UK programme will be covered by the International Tech Hub Network. The Network will support and pay for your visa, although it is the participant’s responsibility to organise the application with sufficient time.
If you have any questions about the application process please contact (with subject header – GGA20 application query):
South Africa: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for Go Global Africa 2020 are now live – apply now.
The International Tech Hub Network welcomes applications from founders based in Nigeria, Kenya and South Africa who are using technology to tackle local issues
Fifteen founders from each country will be selected to join the delegation to the UK in March 2020. Find eligibility criteria and further details in the application form. The deadline for entries is 5pm on 3rd February (GMT).
Visit the Go Global Africa 2020 website for more details
2020 Anzisha Prize Applications
If you are a young African Entrepreneur trying to grow a small business or you’ve created something that makes your community better and provides you and your friends an income, then we want your application.
Your venture could be anything. Become a role model and inspire other young entrepreneurs to believe in the difference you can make in Africa, with the right support.
Africa’s future lies in your hands and we want to celebrate your potential to grow your country’s economy and create jobs. Each year, we select 20 leading youth entrepreneurs like you to become Anzisha Prize Fellows.
- You must be between 15 and 22 years old with an ID document or Passport to present as evidence. Anyone born before November 1, 1997 or after October 31, 2005, will not be considered.
- You must be a national of an African country with a business based in Africa for African customers/beneficiaries.
- The Anzisha Prize isn’t awarded for great ideas or business plans – you must have already started, and be able to prove it! Get started now and ensure you have tangible results to share before applications open.
- Your business, invention or social project can be in any field or industry (science and technology, civil society, arts and culture, sports, etc.). Any kind of venture is welcome to apply.
- Individuals who apply must be one of the founding members of a business (for example, 2 or 3 co-founders who started up the project together).
To be selected as one of our Anzisha ventures, your business or project will be judged on the following 5 criteria:
- Is your venture established with customers and beneficiaries and are you offering value to them?
- Are you, the founder, leading and managing your venture?
- Is your venture demonstrating some impact already?
- Whether your venture is a for-profit business or cause-based, does it already earn revenues or already reach beneficiaries? Is there potential to increase revenues or beneficiary reach with support from Anzisha?
- Has your venture created some jobs and is there potential to create more high quality jobs?
To be selected as one of our Anzisha Fellows, you must demonstrate two important qualities:
- You are the leader of your venture and you drive both venture strategy and operations.
- You spend at least 20 hours a week (or more) on your business and plan to continue to do so after selection.
- Monetary Reward of a shared amount of $100,000
- $2,000 access to a world- renowned Entrepreneurial Leadership curriculum and training with the potential for further investment based on engagement and performance
- $2,500 worth of rewards from consulting and mentorship services
- $2,000 worth of rewards from Global speaking events or Experts in Residence support
- $1,000 worth of rewards from Regional Indabas across the continent
Application Deadline: April 1, 2020
For further information, visit the Anzisha Prize website
GE: Early Identification (EID) Sales Internship 2020
The role requires working closely with the assigned GE Gas Power Nigeria to provide Sales support to ongoing and pipeline sales initiatives being executed/to be executed in Nigeria. This role may also require interface with Government entities, GE customers and with other GE counterparts
Support GPS pipeline development and sales activities
Engage with new prospects, assess customers’ needs, carry out kyc/keep, and input entries into SFDC
- Support sales managers and other enabling functions to ensure lean and efficient deployment of resources
- Track and provide regular update on new sales leads and report to sales manager
- Passion for technology and previous internship experience in GE will be an added advantage
- Academic excellence in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 4th or 5th year student with a Cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of not less than 3.5 (Second Class Upper)
- Demonstrated leadership ability and initiative
- Ready to learn, energetic, be proactive and have IT skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and influencing skills
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world’s largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
Deadline: Not specified
Internships3 weeks ago
Deloitte 2020 Graduate Recruitment (Several Positions)
Internships2 weeks ago
UN Secretary General’s Envoy on Youth
Internships2 weeks ago
Rotary Peace Fellowship Program 2020
Funding2 weeks ago
Skills Challenge Innovation Call: Finding solutions to skills mismatch
Money Motivation2 weeks ago
Meet 9 Years Old Kid Dancing To Support His Family