The Hub is an unprecedented approach to youth inclusion in the AU-EU partnership. Based on the Youth Agenda, with concrete ideas to address challenges affecting youth on both continents, 42 Young Experts from Africa and Europe are overseeing innovative projects funded by the EU and implemented by Civil Society Organisations.
The Hub’s clusters cover 6 areas with a pilot initiative for each:
1. Education & Skills
2. Peace & Security
3. Business, Jobs & Entrepreneurship (2 pilot initiatives)
4. Environment & Climate Change
5. Art, Culture & Sport
6. Governance, Citizen Engagement & Remittances.
Overall, 10 million euros for 6 exciting initiatives implemented in 17 countries.
All of the Hub Pilot projects have a strong digital dimension. Therefore, we are looking for 5 Young Experts (2 from Africa, 2 from Europe, 1 from the Diaspora, between 21 and 35 years old) to join this adventure and form the Digital Cluster. The Cluster will support the CSO in the Implementation of the Pilot projects from a technological standpoint, hand in hand with the youth of the other clusters.
The Digital Cluster will incorporate profiles such as: project managers, developers (mobile apps/online platforms), design expert (web, apps, dynamic coms).
You will be:
– Working on amazing, concrete projects.
– Joining a dynamic innovative collaboration model, with youth at the core of all decision-making;
– Helping to ensure answers to critical common European and African youth challenges;
– Gaining personal visibility with the Hub, a highly observed process (including by the EU and AU institutions);
– Developing contacts with cutting edge organisations in the digital sector and well-known private sector companies (Hub mentors, partners and stakeholders).
Once selected, what’s expected of you?
– Time to volunteer during 2020 (workload mostly between April and early September) and first part of 2021. Your involvement might reach up to 4 hours a week.
– 1 to 3 field missions to visit and report on project implementation
– Virtual communications and updates to the Hub and CSO.
For futher information visit the AU-EU Youth Hub website
Technical Support Internship – MainOne
MainOne is a leading provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions for businesses in West Africa.
The Technical Support Intern will be responsible for the following functions:
- Configure, test, and provision customers on the CRM platform.
- Coordinate 3rd party installation and support activities.
- Assign new requests/opportunities captured from the MainOne website.
- Run weekly reports on incidents – opportunities and complaints.
- Network management and monitoring.
- Perform 1st level fault troubleshooting tasks.
- Liaise with OEM to resolve technical related issues.
- Liaise with the vendor(s) for customer installations.
- Escalate unresolved issues to the appropriate teams.
- Critically analyze customer complaints and issues with a bid to provide lasting solutions.
- Continually drive customer satisfaction through the speedy resolution of complaints.
- B.Sc/HND in Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Excellent communication skills.
- Multitasking skills.
- CCNA Certification and previous experience in a similar position will be an added advantage.
Please visit the company’s website for more information.
LEAP Afica’s Social Innovators Programme 2020, For Young Africans
LEAP Africa, in partnership with Union Bank, has announced the call for applications for the 2020/ 2021 cohort of the Social Innovators Programme (SIP). SIP is a one-year accelerator fellowship for young West African change-makers between 18-35 years.
Who Should Apply?
- Young persons between the ages of 18-35 years, whose ideas and initiatives offer effective solutions to challenges in local communities across Nigeria, The Gambia, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Ghana, English-speaking parts of Cameroon and Ivory Coast.
- Initiators/co-founders of a social-focused venture/enterprise located in Nigeria and the other focus regions. Women founders are strongly encouraged to apply
- Solution/ innovation by the enterprise must be adopting a market-based approach towards addressing a Sustainable Development Goal (SDG)
What Are We Looking For?
- Creativity/ Innovation: Level of creativity/innovation applied and their entrepreneurial approach towards social change.
- Leadership: Experience mobilizing people and resources to achieve set goals, and consistent drive for excellence.
- Sense of Purpose: Demonstrate a strong desire for social change within the community, to improve livelihoods, and to scale the impact of their social business.
- Right Attitude: Openness to learning and willingness to implement appropriate systems and structures for enterprise sustainability
Deadline: 30th August 2020. Please visit the website for more information.