Applications now open for Commonwealth 100 Online Leadership Development Programme 2020 for young people from Commonwealth Countries
Commonwealth 100 is a free, online leadership programme from Common Purpose that equips the next generation with 21st century leadership skills. It is the first of our Legacy Programmes to be run online. It introduces the idea of Open Source Leadership, co-created by young leaders, to maximize their impact in both their professional and civic lives.
Using an interactive platform, you will work with a diverse group of young leaders from across the Commonwealth to explore Open Source Leadership – a new leadership model co-created with over 1,000 young Commonwealth leaders.
Commonwealth 100 is open to young leaders who are from a Commonwealth country, or who currently live, work or study in a Commonwealth country, and are interested in shaping the legacy of the Commonwealth.
Commonwealth 100 Online programme outcomes:
- A new generation of young leaders to come through who have the commitment and ability to bridge divides
- Stronger links across regions, backgrounds and generations (through our webinars and alumni offerings), which help them to work better together
- A broader base of leadership in Commonwealth cities and countries
- Framing a fresh, bold, principled, networked Commonwealth of the future
How does it work?
Using an online platform, you will hear stories from senior and emerging leaders who have had to lead complex change.
You will take part in interactive exercises and discussions with peers from across the Commonwealth. And you will read compelling articles, which explore the skills you need to be successful in the 21st century.
All participants who complete the programme will receive the Open Source Leadership Badge, which can be used as a record of your achievement on your CV or online profiles.
Commonwealth100 is open to young people, aged 18+, from across the Commonwealth. You may be at the beginning of your career or in Higher or Further Education.
The programme is hosted online.
The programme runs in seven-week-long cohorts. It takes between three to six hours to complete the programme, which can be done flexibly over the cohort period. Upcoming programme dates are:
- 6 March – 24 April 2020
- 1 May – 19 June 2020
- 3 July – 21 August 2020
This will continue to run in a similar pattern through 2020.
For further information, visit the Commonwealth100 Online Leadership Development Programme 2020 webpage
Baker Hughes Ignite Graduate Internship 2020
Applications are now open for the the Baker Hughes Ignite Graduate 2020. The Baker Hughes Ignite Graduate Internship is a 12 month structured learning placement that offers practical work experience in the Oil and Gas Industry. Interns will undertake core complex project to generate value for Baker Hughes and act as a vehicle to demonstrate capability and commitment.
In addition to project execution you will have the opportunity to explore different aspects of the Baker Hughes business which may open up potential opportunities for ongoing employment. Furthermore, you will build your network within the industry.
During the internship you will have the opportunity to become familiar with Health, Safety and Environment (HS&E) requirements, participate in technically focused on-job training, participate in team meetings, as well as working on projects and presenting the results to business leaders. You will also be expected to complete all assigned tasks in the agreed timelines and take the opportunity to demonstrate your capability of exceeding requirements.
The internship will give you first-hand insights into the processes, systems and practices that are aligned to ensure that customer needs are met through flawless execution and the application of leading-edge technology in challenging work environments.
If you are successful in the selection process the specific details of your internship assignment will be explained to you prior to your start date.
The Communications Intern will be responsible for supporting Communications tasks and projects that cut across multiple communications domains. He/she will receive education and personal mentorship from the top minds in your field while being exposed to a variety of disciplines such as commercial communication strategy development and execution, internal & employee communication, external media and public relations. Also, they will be involvement in corporate social media strategy, organizational change management comms, crisis management, and other critical skills in the Communications discipline. The intern experience will be unique and personalized based on their interests, competencies, and business needs.
As a valuable member of our team, SSA IGNITE interns will receive many benefits including:
- Challenging work assignments
- Exposure to a multinational company
- Developmental feedback
- Opportunities to network with Leaders and other interns
- Recent college/university graduate with no more than 1-1.5 years’ work experience /or with national service discharge (if applicable)
- Authorized to work in country full-time and without restriction
- Interest in Communications/Marketing/Public Relations – related degrees preferred
- Must have an advanced to fluent level of English
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Demonstrated team player
- Confident self-starter who has demonstrated drive
- Excellent organization skills, ability to independently prioritize multiple tasks and work to deadlines
Demonstrates effective written and oral communication, integrity, critical thinking/analytical skills, agility/flexibility, a continuous learning mind-set, teamwork and collaboration, drive for results, and initiative in addition to involvement in student societies or volunteer work.
For More Information: Visit the Official Webpage of the 2020 Baker Hughes Ignite Graduate Internship
2020 NNPC/SPDC Joint Venture Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC), operator of the SPDC Joint Venture, is pleased to announce the Tenth annual NNPC/SPDC_JV Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship for applicants from Bayelsa, Delta, Imo and Rivers states. The objective of the scholarship programme is to provide postgraduate study opportunity in courses relevant to the oil and gas industry, for qualifying students from listed Niger Delta states.
In nine years of the programme, 92 students have won the opportunity to study at top-rated universities in the UK on full scholarship
The following courses qualify for award of scholarships at the three institutions:
|Imperial College London||MSc Petroleum Engineering MSc Petroleum GeoscienceMSc Applied Computational Science and Engineering|
|University of Abeerdeen||MSc GeophysicsMSc Safety & Reliability Engineering for Oil & GasMSc Advanced Chemical EngineeringMSc Integrated Petroleum Geoscience|
|University of Leeds||MSc Exploration GeophysicsMSc Electronic/Electrical Engineering|
To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must;
- display intellectual ability and leadership potential
- have an adequate standard of English (at least 6.5 in IELTS) and meet the College’s language requirement
- have been offered admission to study on one of the Eligible Courses at the College having applied through the normal application process;
- already hold (or expect to hold by the time of taking up the Scholarship) a degree of an equivalent standard to a UK Upper Second Class Honours degree
- must have completed their National Youth Service by September 2020
- be ordinarily indigenes of Bayelsa, Delta, Imo and Rivers State, and intend to return to Nigeria on completion of proposed programme of study
- have not already had the chance of studying in the UK or other developed country.
- be aged between 21-28 years by 30/09/2020
- currently reside in Nigeria
- have a Nigerian international passport valid till December 2020
- Employees, employees’ relatives (or former employees who have left employment less than 5 years before) of SPDC, Royal Dutch SHELL Group of Companies or the College will not be eligible to apply for the Scholarships
- Submit application for admission to any of the participating universities for any of the qualifying courses.
- Application forms for the scholarship will ONLY be available through the websites of the Imperial College London, the University of Leeds and University of Aberdeen, following a formal offer of admission by the university.
- The universities will process applications and select candidates who will attend interviews with SPDC before being considered for final selection.
- Completed scholarship application forms must reach participating universities not later than April 15, 2020.
The scholarship will cover tuition, one economy return-flight ticket from Nigeria to the UK and a contribution towards living expenses only.
More information on specific course admission requirements can be obtained from the websites of the three individual universities.
- Please note that the stipends (living expenses) are based on the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) published living rates and are limited to this only.
- This is a non-committal scholarship. Note that NEITHER SPDC NOR any Shell affiliated company is obligated to offer employment of any sort to any candidate upon graduation, neither are successful candidates bonded to SPDC for any period of time on account of the scholarship award.
- SPDC will only provide a medical insurance in line with UK Student Visa requirements
For More Information: Visit the Official Webpage of the SPDC 2020 Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme
Listicles1 day ago
5 Investment Moves to Make While You Self-quarantine Against Coronavirus
Internships2 weeks ago
2020 Unilever Leadership Internship Program
Featured3 weeks ago
UNESCO Prize for Girls’ and Women’s Education 2020 (USD $50,000 Prize)
Featured2 weeks ago
The Roddenberry Prize 2020 for Organizations with innovative solutions
Featured2 weeks ago
SAP’s Young Professional Program 2020 Application