Exceptional young people can now submit entries for the 2021 Commonwealth youth awards to win prestigious titles and cash grants.
The awards recognize and reward young people whose work has significantly impacted people and communities in their country.
Young leaders from across the 54 Commonwealth countries can enter five regional categories:
- Europe and Canada; and
A Pan-Commonwealth panel will judge the entries based on the impact, sustainability, and level of innovation.
Worth Of Award
- Judges will choose 20 finalists who will receive a trophy, a certificate, and £1,000 in cash.
- Additional £2,000 for five regional winners out of the 20 finalists.
- There will be an overall winner who will receive the title of Commonwealth Young Person of the Year 2021, and a total cash prize of £5,000.
This year’s award includes special recognition for young people who have made outstanding efforts to tackle development challenges created by the COVID-19 pandemic.
To be eligible, you must:
- be a Commonwealth citizen aged 15 to 29 years;
- have been engaged in development work for at least 12 months as a professional or volunteer; and
- show a strong track record of implementing impactful development work and contribute to one of the 17 sustainable development goals.
Deadline: 21 October, 2020. Please visit the official page for more information.