Each year the program selects scholars from around the world to engage in research and discussion around a common theme. The number of candidates hired will depend on the qualifications of the overall applicant pools.
There are two categories:
- Postdoctoral research associates: Who received their doctorate from an institution outside of the United States and who, at the time of application, do not hold a tenure-track faculty appointment.
- Early-career scholars: employed outside the United States who have a faculty appointment, a professional research appointment, or are an established independent scholar in the designated theme of the program.
The following items must be submitted by the applicant, in English;
- Online application
- Cover letter (1.5 pages maximum)
- Curriculum Vitae (including publications)
- Research proposal (maximum of 3 pages, single-spaced)
- One writing sample (article or book chapter, maximum of 50 pages)
Stipends And Research Support
- Fellowships for the Early Career and Postdoctoral fellowships are for the entire academic year, from September 2021 to June 2022.
- Within the limits of its resources, the program intends to provide a salary for Early Career and Senior Fellows that equal the regular salary paid to a Fellow at his or her home institution. In cases where the Fellow’s base salary scale at their home institution is significantly below the norm, the salary might increase.
- Fellows will receive research funds.
- Fellows would get an office space, computer access in a suite dedicated to the program, and access to the Firestone Library.
Deadline: 16 November 2020. For more information, please visit the official website of the PIIRS Fung Global Fellows Program