Each year the program selects scholars from around the world to engage in research and discussion around a common theme. The number of candidates hired will depend on the qualifications of the overall applicant pools.
There are two categories:
- Postdoctoral research associates: Who received their doctorate from an institution outside of the United States and who, at the time of application, do not hold a tenure-track faculty appointment.
- Early-career scholars: employed outside the United States who have a faculty appointment, a professional research appointment, or are an established independent scholar in the designated theme of the program.
The following items must be submitted by the applicant, in English;
- Online application
- Cover letter (1.5 pages maximum)
- Curriculum Vitae (including publications)
- Research proposal (maximum of 3 pages, single-spaced)
- One writing sample (article or book chapter, maximum of 50 pages)
Stipends And Research Support
- Fellowships for the Early Career and Postdoctoral fellowships are for the entire academic year, from September 2021 to June 2022.
- Within the limits of its resources, the program intends to provide a salary for Early Career and Senior Fellows that equal the regular salary paid to a Fellow at his or her home institution. In cases where the Fellow’s base salary scale at their home institution is significantly below the norm, the salary might increase.
- Fellows will receive research funds.
- Fellows would get an office space, computer access in a suite dedicated to the program, and access to the Firestone Library.
Deadline: 16 November 2020. For more information, please visit the official website of the PIIRS Fung Global Fellows Program
Nigeria Impact Startup Relief Facility – Grants For Startups
Nigeria Impact Startup Relief Facility (NISRF) is offering grants to help start-ups survive the pandemic.
NISRF is an emergency facility designed by a consortium of funding partners to support grant applicants whose businesses/activities are either being adversely affected or modified in response to COVID-19.
Worth Of Award
- Business equity-free funding between $5,000 to $20,000.
- Access to a pool of mentors and business experts.
- A chance to continue to create impact and stay afloat.
To qualify for this funding, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a company operating in Nigeria
- The company is tackling an urgent social problem
- The company is post-MVP, revenue-generating, registered with CAC
- Can demonstrate substantial financial health before the onset of COVID-19 ($60K ARR – 12 months period minimum)
- The company has already received seed capital
- Can demonstrate the scale of impact, or potential for future scale
- Fall in any of these sectors: Agriculture, Critical Infrastructure, Financial Services, Health Care, Education, and with initiatives that target the informal sector.
Deadline: 7th September 2020. Click here for more information.
Commonwealth Youth Awards 2021
Exceptional young people can now submit entries for the 2021 Commonwealth youth awards to win prestigious titles and cash grants.
The awards recognize and reward young people whose work has significantly impacted people and communities in their country.
Young leaders from across the 54 Commonwealth countries can enter five regional categories:
- Europe and Canada; and
A Pan-Commonwealth panel will judge the entries based on the impact, sustainability, and level of innovation.
Worth Of Award
- Judges will choose 20 finalists who will receive a trophy, a certificate, and £1,000 in cash.
- Additional £2,000 for five regional winners out of the 20 finalists.
- There will be an overall winner who will receive the title of Commonwealth Young Person of the Year 2021, and a total cash prize of £5,000.
This year’s award includes special recognition for young people who have made outstanding efforts to tackle development challenges created by the COVID-19 pandemic.
To be eligible, you must:
- be a Commonwealth citizen aged 15 to 29 years;
- have been engaged in development work for at least 12 months as a professional or volunteer; and
- show a strong track record of implementing impactful development work and contribute to one of the 17 sustainable development goals.
Deadline: 21 October, 2020. Please visit the official page for more information.