Applications for the 2020 AI Residency program are now open.
About AI Residency Program
The Google AI Residency Program is a role designed to advance your career in machine learning research with a minimum commitment of 12 months (and extendable up to 18 months). The goal of the residency is to help residents become productive and successful AI researchers. Residents collaborate with distinguished scientists from various Google AI teams working on machine learning applications and problems
- BS degree or equivalent practical experience in a STEM field such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Biology, Economics or other disciplines.
- Experience with coding in Python, C/C++, or Java.
- Research experience in machine learning or AI techniques (e.g. open source project(s), campus lab experience, research internship(s), or publication(s)).
- Ability to collaborate and communicate across multiple teams (in a multi-disciplinary environment)
- Passion for the field of Machine Learning Research
- Work with research mentors to formulate research project(s) and/or novel application(s) of machine learning.
- Learn and understand a large body of research in machine learning algorithms.
- Implement algorithms, experiments and/or human-computer interfaces using frameworks such as TensorFlow.
- Conduct research and publish it across various venues.
- Collaborate across the team and wider organization and Research community.
New York, USA
Application deadline is December 19, 2019.
Visit Visit the Official Webpage of the Google AI Residency Program 2020 for more information.
Technical Support Internship – MainOne
MainOne is a leading provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions for businesses in West Africa.
The Technical Support Intern will be responsible for the following functions:
- Configure, test, and provision customers on the CRM platform.
- Coordinate 3rd party installation and support activities.
- Assign new requests/opportunities captured from the MainOne website.
- Run weekly reports on incidents – opportunities and complaints.
- Network management and monitoring.
- Perform 1st level fault troubleshooting tasks.
- Liaise with OEM to resolve technical related issues.
- Liaise with the vendor(s) for customer installations.
- Escalate unresolved issues to the appropriate teams.
- Critically analyze customer complaints and issues with a bid to provide lasting solutions.
- Continually drive customer satisfaction through the speedy resolution of complaints.
- B.Sc/HND in Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Excellent communication skills.
- Multitasking skills.
- CCNA Certification and previous experience in a similar position will be an added advantage.
Please visit the company’s website for more information.
LEAP Afica’s Social Innovators Programme 2020, For Young Africans
LEAP Africa, in partnership with Union Bank, has announced the call for applications for the 2020/ 2021 cohort of the Social Innovators Programme (SIP). SIP is a one-year accelerator fellowship for young West African change-makers between 18-35 years.
Who Should Apply?
- Young persons between the ages of 18-35 years, whose ideas and initiatives offer effective solutions to challenges in local communities across Nigeria, The Gambia, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Ghana, English-speaking parts of Cameroon and Ivory Coast.
- Initiators/co-founders of a social-focused venture/enterprise located in Nigeria and the other focus regions. Women founders are strongly encouraged to apply
- Solution/ innovation by the enterprise must be adopting a market-based approach towards addressing a Sustainable Development Goal (SDG)
What Are We Looking For?
- Creativity/ Innovation: Level of creativity/innovation applied and their entrepreneurial approach towards social change.
- Leadership: Experience mobilizing people and resources to achieve set goals, and consistent drive for excellence.
- Sense of Purpose: Demonstrate a strong desire for social change within the community, to improve livelihoods, and to scale the impact of their social business.
- Right Attitude: Openness to learning and willingness to implement appropriate systems and structures for enterprise sustainability
Deadline: 30th August 2020. Please visit the website for more information.