Applications for the Google AI Residency program opened on October 21, 2019. Interested applicants should note the following information
- Applications should be complete before December 19, 2019
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and interviews will begin in February 2020
- Early submission of applications is advised, as completed applications will be reviewed on a first come, first served basis
- Current students (BS/MS/PhD) must graduate before the residency begins.
- The Google AI Residency Program will start some time between June – October 2020. Exact dates are to be determined
Due to the high interest in this program, only completed applications will be considered. Work authorization is required for this fixed term role. If you are not a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, you must be eligible for OPT, TN, H1-B transfers or O-1 Visas. Google will explore the available options on a case-by-case basis
How to apply
Prepare the following documents:
- Current resume (include links to, blogs, or Stack Overflow or similar online community). Your resume should include a list of peer-reviewed publications, if applicable.
- Cover letter which answers all of the questions listed below.
- Transcript if you are currently in school or have graduated in the last 3 years.
Click on the “Apply” button on this page and include required materials in the appropriate sections (PDFs preferred):
- In the “Resume Section:” attach an updated CV or resume.
- In the “Cover letter/other notes Section:” Copy and paste your cover letter of ~750 words that answer the following questions in list format:
- What are your primary research interests and why do you think they are important?
- How would participating in the AI Residency Program help you to explore your research interests and achieve your goals?
- Give an example of an open-ended research question or project you’ve worked on. What made it challenging and how did you overcome those challenges? Alternatively, summarize and critique a machine learning paper you have read that you found interesting.
**The cover letter is mandatory for the program even though it is optional, as noted on the website, for other jobs at Google**
- In the “Education Section:” attach a current or recent unofficial or official transcript in English.
- Under “Degree Status,” select “Now attending” to upload a transcript.
Questions? See FAQ at g.co/airesidency/faqs
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Mountain View, CA, USA; Cambridge, MA, USA; New York, NY, USA; Seattle, WA, USA
Technical Support Internship – MainOne
MainOne is a leading provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions for businesses in West Africa.
The Technical Support Intern will be responsible for the following functions:
- Configure, test, and provision customers on the CRM platform.
- Coordinate 3rd party installation and support activities.
- Assign new requests/opportunities captured from the MainOne website.
- Run weekly reports on incidents – opportunities and complaints.
- Network management and monitoring.
- Perform 1st level fault troubleshooting tasks.
- Liaise with OEM to resolve technical related issues.
- Liaise with the vendor(s) for customer installations.
- Escalate unresolved issues to the appropriate teams.
- Critically analyze customer complaints and issues with a bid to provide lasting solutions.
- Continually drive customer satisfaction through the speedy resolution of complaints.
- B.Sc/HND in Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Excellent communication skills.
- Multitasking skills.
- CCNA Certification and previous experience in a similar position will be an added advantage.
Please visit the company’s website for more information.
LEAP Afica’s Social Innovators Programme 2020, For Young Africans
LEAP Africa, in partnership with Union Bank, has announced the call for applications for the 2020/ 2021 cohort of the Social Innovators Programme (SIP). SIP is a one-year accelerator fellowship for young West African change-makers between 18-35 years.
Who Should Apply?
- Young persons between the ages of 18-35 years, whose ideas and initiatives offer effective solutions to challenges in local communities across Nigeria, The Gambia, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Ghana, English-speaking parts of Cameroon and Ivory Coast.
- Initiators/co-founders of a social-focused venture/enterprise located in Nigeria and the other focus regions. Women founders are strongly encouraged to apply
- Solution/ innovation by the enterprise must be adopting a market-based approach towards addressing a Sustainable Development Goal (SDG)
What Are We Looking For?
- Creativity/ Innovation: Level of creativity/innovation applied and their entrepreneurial approach towards social change.
- Leadership: Experience mobilizing people and resources to achieve set goals, and consistent drive for excellence.
- Sense of Purpose: Demonstrate a strong desire for social change within the community, to improve livelihoods, and to scale the impact of their social business.
- Right Attitude: Openness to learning and willingness to implement appropriate systems and structures for enterprise sustainability
Deadline: 30th August 2020. Please visit the website for more information.