Applications for the Google AI Residency program opened on October 21, 2019. Interested applicants should note the following information
- Applications should be complete before December 19, 2019
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and interviews will begin in February 2020
- Early submission of applications is advised, as completed applications will be reviewed on a first come, first served basis
- Current students (BS/MS/PhD) must graduate before the residency begins.
- The Google AI Residency Program will start some time between June – October 2020. Exact dates are to be determined
Due to the high interest in this program, only completed applications will be considered. Work authorization is required for this fixed term role. If you are not a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, you must be eligible for OPT, TN, H1-B transfers or O-1 Visas. Google will explore the available options on a case-by-case basis
How to apply
Prepare the following documents:
- Current resume (include links to, blogs, or Stack Overflow or similar online community). Your resume should include a list of peer-reviewed publications, if applicable.
- Cover letter which answers all of the questions listed below.
- Transcript if you are currently in school or have graduated in the last 3 years.
Click on the “Apply” button on this page and include required materials in the appropriate sections (PDFs preferred):
- In the “Resume Section:” attach an updated CV or resume.
- In the “Cover letter/other notes Section:” Copy and paste your cover letter of ~750 words that answer the following questions in list format:
- What are your primary research interests and why do you think they are important?
- How would participating in the AI Residency Program help you to explore your research interests and achieve your goals?
- Give an example of an open-ended research question or project you’ve worked on. What made it challenging and how did you overcome those challenges? Alternatively, summarize and critique a machine learning paper you have read that you found interesting.
**The cover letter is mandatory for the program even though it is optional, as noted on the website, for other jobs at Google**
- In the “Education Section:” attach a current or recent unofficial or official transcript in English.
- Under “Degree Status,” select “Now attending” to upload a transcript.
Questions? See FAQ at g.co/airesidency/faqs
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Mountain View, CA, USA; Cambridge, MA, USA; New York, NY, USA; Seattle, WA, USA
5 Reasons To Invest in Money Market Fund While Young
You run very little risk of losing your money in securities like bonds and treasury bills. As they are issued by the Federal Government, your money is safe
Your investment is very liquid. This means you can convert it to cash on short notice with any accrued profits for that period. For certificates of deposit, you can cash out anytime you need to, however, you may incur penalties
The investment return arrangement of money market funds makes for an attractive investment. The earn rate of money market fund is higher than inflation rate by design and is better than a savings account
Investments in money market fund is possible with little amounts of money. Minimum investment amount varies per mutual fund manager chosen
Investing in money market fund is an easy and convenient way to start to learn about investments and financial literacy
Africa-UK: Female Tech Founders 2020 Applications(Funding available)
Applications are open for fast rising female entrepreneurs based in Nigeria, Kenya or South Africa. Launched by the International Tech Hub Network, the Africa-UK: Female Tech Founders 2020 is a programme for female entrepreneurs using tech to solve a local development challenge.
The programme will bring 15 of the continent’s most ambitious development-focused women entrepreneurs to the UK in January.
Across a three day tailored programme (20 – 22 January), participants will benefit from masterclasses, events and workshops designed to provide in-depth training on how to scale and grow their business, expand into the UK, and how best to position their purpose-driven organisations. Participants will discover the UK’s thriving tech ecosystem, exploring new opportunities for global partnerships and increased investment through peer-to-peer networking.
The agenda will include:
- Training session led by successful female tech leaders sharing their funding journey
- Masterclass event covering: protecting IP and raising offshore funding; accessing finance; scaling a purpose driven social impact business; protecting customers’ data
- Roundtable with GEP alumni addressing scaling successfully in the UK
- Tailored mentoring event with UK startups, including female founders
- Innovation tour of co-working spaces, including Google Campus
- Networking dinner with UK and African entrepreneurs
Activities will be delivered by UK tech experts and the Department for International Trade’s Global Entrepreneur Programme (GEP) Dealmakers and alumni, including prominent female tech leaders.
The programme will be delivered alongside the Africa Investment Summit, taking place in London on 20 January. Winners are expected to be able to attend the Summit.
Five founders from each country will be selected to join the delegation to the UK in January 2020.
Application deadline is 21 November 5pm (GMT).
Business3 weeks ago
Why Youth Empowerment Is Important In Nigeria
Featured2 weeks ago
Apply for the 2020 Local Pathways Fellowship for Young Urban Leaders
Featured2 weeks ago
Investment Readiness Tips for startups
Listicles2 days ago
5 Profitable Business Ideas for Introverts
Featured2 weeks ago
Apply for World Citizen Talent Scholarship