The Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS) leads and inspires the world to achieve its shared vision of zero new HIV infections, zero discrimination and zero AIDS-related deaths. UNAIDS unites the efforts of 11 UN organizations-UNHCR, UNICEF, WFP, UNDP, UNFPA, UNODC, UN Women, ILO, UNESCO, WHO and the World Bank-and works closely with global and national partners towards ending the AIDS epidemic by 2030 as part of the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Candidates for internships at UNAIDS must be enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate or postgraduate degree program at a recognized educational institution (and have completed three years of full-time studies) or have completed a course of study and have been awarded an undergraduate, graduate or postgraduate degree at a recognized educational institution.
- If candidates are recent graduates they will be expected to start and complete the internship within 12 months of their date of graduation.
- Candidates must be at least 20 years of age at the date of application and have a working knowledge (both oral and written) of at least one of the WHO/UNAIDS’s official languages (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish) require in the office of internship.
- Candidates should be holders of a valid passport from WHO/UNAIDS Member State.
Terms and Conditions
- Ability to work effectively in teams, adapt and integrate easily with the team, work cooperatively in support of team objectives.
- Ability to convey ideas and thoughts in a clear and convincing way in one-on-one discussions or groups presentations and ability to produce clear correspondence and written reports.
- Ability to effectively apply their knowledge and skills to the job, and to consistently learn and improve performance.
- Ability to show initiative and enthusiasm in their work, effectively organize and manage time, and deliver high-quality results in line with agreed objectives.
- Ability to innovate and find new ways of working and improving results while maintaining a strong service orientation.
- Ability to take ownership of assigned responsibilities, to be productive, fulfill commitments and use resources responsibly.
The duration of internships is limited to a minimum of eight weeks and a maximum of six months. Stipend may be offered by UNAIDS. During the internship period official travel may exceptionally be required. Interns will be provided with general medical illness, accident and emergency illness coverage insurance. Persons with immediate family members employed by the UNAIDS Secretariat (e.g. son/daughter, brother/sister or mother/father) are not eligible for internships. UNAIDS may offer an internship to candidates who have not previously participated in UNAIDS’ internship program.
Applications from people living with HIV are particularly welcome. Applications from women and from nationals of non- and under-represented member states are particularly encouraged.
Application Deadline: 26 September 2020
For more information, visit the UNAIDS Internship website
GE: Early Identification (EID) Sales Internship 2020
The role requires working closely with the assigned GE Gas Power Nigeria to provide Sales support to ongoing and pipeline sales initiatives being executed/to be executed in Nigeria. This role may also require interface with Government entities, GE customers and with other GE counterparts
Support GPS pipeline development and sales activities
Engage with new prospects, assess customers’ needs, carry out kyc/keep, and input entries into SFDC
- Support sales managers and other enabling functions to ensure lean and efficient deployment of resources
- Track and provide regular update on new sales leads and report to sales manager
- Passion for technology and previous internship experience in GE will be an added advantage
- Academic excellence in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 4th or 5th year student with a Cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of not less than 3.5 (Second Class Upper)
- Demonstrated leadership ability and initiative
- Ready to learn, energetic, be proactive and have IT skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and influencing skills
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world’s largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
Deadline: Not specified
UN Secretary General’s Envoy on Youth
Want to be a Fellow? Apply Now! No more unpaid internships
The Office of the Secretary-General’s Envoy on Youth is saying goodbye to unpaid internships!
- Are you passionate about the work of the United Nations?
- Are you motivated to help realise the potential of fellow young people?
- Have you been waiting for too long for a paid entry-level opportunity to the UN?
- Do you want to join the UN Youth Envoy as a Fellow?
Yes? Then you might be the right person for the job!
To begin with, we are looking for three young people to get on board the UN Youth Envoy’s Fellowship, which aims at providing you, a young talent, a chance to get involved the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals.
The selected fellows will join us at the United Nations’ Headquarters in New York for a duration of 12 months starting from March 2020. To apply, click on the position you are interested in (Click the assignments below to check detailed information respectively):
Application deadline: 20 February 2020
Women, indigenous people, people with disabilities, LGBTQI+ candidates, and other marginalised groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
For more information, visit the UN Envoy on Youth website
Internships2 weeks ago
UN Secretary General’s Envoy on Youth
Internships2 weeks ago
Rotary Peace Fellowship Program 2020
Funding2 weeks ago
Skills Challenge Innovation Call: Finding solutions to skills mismatch
Money Motivation2 weeks ago
Meet 9 Years Old Kid Dancing To Support His Family
Featured2 weeks ago
Africa Food Prize 2020