Marketing is very important for business growth. The products and services provided must be known to potential buyers in order to sell. Online marketing is very cost effective, has a wide reach and provides easy monitoring and tracking. While offline marketing enables face-to-face interaction, covers a wider demographic and so on. Great!
However I recently noticed a large amount of Small, medium businesses use popularity gained from marketing as a yardstick to measure business progress.
Marketing is a tool to ensure increase in sales not an activity to gain popularity, neither does popularity necessarily translate into sales.
The sole purpose of a business is to generate revenue and make profit; therefore the only way to measure the progress of a business is through financial data showing the amount of actual expenses, sales, revenue generated and if revenue generated amounts to profit or loss hereby analyzing the performance of the business and making predictions about the direction of the company.
Do you have a financial structure? Do you have an overview of your total expenses and revenue? Are your sales equivalent to your budget on marketing and operations? Do you have an idea of the cash flow of your business? I.e. The money being transferred in and out of your business.
Do you spend personal funds on business processes without tracking or monitoring these expenses or the return on such investments?
If you do not know the current position of your business, you cannot possibly know the destination of your business. A business might be gaining popularity but your only true scorecard is your financial statement. Only your financial records can tell you the genuine position and measure the growth of your business, help identify and tackle risks, ensure proper planning and help make the right investment decisions for the business. Without financial records you do not even have a business.
I’m sure you have great wishes and plans for your business, first you’ll have to build a strong financial structure and ensure you’re totally aware of the financial position and destination of your business at all times.
Written by: Opeoluwa Runsewe
Things You Should Know About the Professional Carpenters and Furniture Makers Association of Lagos State
You probably would have heard about the Professional Carpenters and Furniture-makers Association of Lagos state(P.C.F.A.), but I’m pretty sure you may not have known exactly why they exist and what they really stand for. Ok! Let me get you to speed on that.
4 Things You Never Knew About the P.C.F.A Lagos state
1. As far back as the 1930s, the P.C.F.A. existed and operated under different names in various local government areas of Lagos State.
2. In 1990, a Mr. Adekunle Adedeji of Alapere, Ketu area of Lagos made a decision to organize a graduation ceremony for his apprentice who had just completed his apprenticeship. Mr. Adedeji decided to invite a couple of professional Carpenters within the Ketu, Alapere area to attend the function. While at the function, the group of Carpenters immediately saw a need to establish the association properly. The need arising from the fact that they all knew each other and at that period, there was no way to trace and recognize verified carpenters. So on July 2nd 1991 precisely, the Association was born, inaugurated and the first state executive election held.
3. The organisation currently operates a 3-tier government structure no different from the government structure of the Federal Government of Nigeria:
– Tier 1: Zonal (Community and grassroots)- Covers the Mile 12, Ketu, Owode, Ikosi, Shangisha areas, etc.
– Tier 2: Branch (Local government level)- Such as Kosofe local government area, etc.
– Tier 3: State- This is the highest decision making body of the Organisation. Tier 3 comprises of state executives, state elders and 3 representatives of each branch. All of which come from the different local government areas of Lagos State.
4. Currently, the P.C.F.A. conducts operations in all the local government areas of Lagos state, with the exception of Badagry. In addition, the association has about 5-30 zones per branch, with each zone having between 20 – 100 members.
Partnership With Jambolo.com
As a way of getting recognized, as well as to showcase the great services offered by registered members of the association, the leadership of the P.C.F.A made a strategic decision to partner with Nigeria’s No.1 aggregator of Artisans/blue collar services in Nigeria, Jambolo.com.
In one of the statements offered by the President of the association in an interview conducted during a visit to the associated, he said “Jambolo has provided a platform for us to showcase our products and services and as such we believe this partnership will place our members in a position to compete effectively and deliver quality services to our customers in Lagos State. We believe in Jambolo.com and so should you.”
Services Offered by the P.C.F.A
Cabinet Installation and Repair
Handrails, Railings, and Stairways
Kitchen and Bath Wood Fixtures
Wood Rot Repair
Termite Damage Repair
On Jambolo.com, you can be assured that every registered Carpenter is a professional, with a good portfolio, the right years of experience, has undergone proper verification and profiling.
The next time the need arises to engage the services of a Carpenter and you’re concerned about engaging someone with a good amount of experience, who will offer great service and whom you can also reach in terms of verification for the services provided; don’t look too far, visit Jambolo.com for that professional Carpenter and enjoy great service.
Canva.com is now on Android and that’s exciting
Exciting times ahead for technology. 10, 20 years ago who would have thought we would have WhatsApp, Instagram or even hologram toda. Technology is making life easier for us on a daily basis.
If you are a content or graphics person, you probably use or have heard of Canva.com. Just in case you don’t know. Canva.com is a platform that makes it easy for individuals to create graphics for blog posts, social media posts, resumes and a lot more.
You do not have to be a professional graphics designer to create amazing graphics with Canva as the platform is user friendly and free as long as you use the free templates.
What is new and exciting about the Canva is that you can now use it one mobile. They just launched an Android App. Something folks like myself have been waiting for like forever. If you are the type that creates content on the go, you will understand the excitement.
The platform already has over 100,000 downloads on Google Play Store even though it was just launched about 2 weeks ago. Amazing isn’t it. Now that’s a sign of awesomeness.