The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS), otherwise known as the Konrad Adenauer Foundation, is a German political foundation named after Germany’s first chancellor.
Since 1999 KAS has funded an internship programme, run by SAIIA in conjunction with the University of the Witwatersrand. This internship programme provides successful candidates with the opportunity of enrolling for a Masters degree by course work in International Relations, Development Studies, Political Science, Economics, Law or Journalism at Wits, while simultaneously working at SAIIA.
How To Apply
To apply, kindly forward the following information by email to Khetiwe.Chitambira-Mude@wits.ac.za:
- A letter of motivation outlining your research interests and how you hope to use the skills gained at SAIIA in the long term;
- A full CV;
- Two written references (with names, addresses, and phone numbers);
- June Honours degree results and academic transcripts of previous degrees; and
- One example of written work not exceeding 2500 words on a topic of your choice.
Deadline: 15 September 2020. Please visit the scholarship website for more information.
Technical Support Internship – MainOne
MainOne is a leading provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions for businesses in West Africa.
The Technical Support Intern will be responsible for the following functions:
- Configure, test, and provision customers on the CRM platform.
- Coordinate 3rd party installation and support activities.
- Assign new requests/opportunities captured from the MainOne website.
- Run weekly reports on incidents – opportunities and complaints.
- Network management and monitoring.
- Perform 1st level fault troubleshooting tasks.
- Liaise with OEM to resolve technical related issues.
- Liaise with the vendor(s) for customer installations.
- Escalate unresolved issues to the appropriate teams.
- Critically analyze customer complaints and issues with a bid to provide lasting solutions.
- Continually drive customer satisfaction through the speedy resolution of complaints.
- B.Sc/HND in Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Excellent communication skills.
- Multitasking skills.
- CCNA Certification and previous experience in a similar position will be an added advantage.
Please visit the company’s website for more information.
LEAP Afica’s Social Innovators Programme 2020, For Young Africans
LEAP Africa, in partnership with Union Bank, has announced the call for applications for the 2020/ 2021 cohort of the Social Innovators Programme (SIP). SIP is a one-year accelerator fellowship for young West African change-makers between 18-35 years.
Who Should Apply?
- Young persons between the ages of 18-35 years, whose ideas and initiatives offer effective solutions to challenges in local communities across Nigeria, The Gambia, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Ghana, English-speaking parts of Cameroon and Ivory Coast.
- Initiators/co-founders of a social-focused venture/enterprise located in Nigeria and the other focus regions. Women founders are strongly encouraged to apply
- Solution/ innovation by the enterprise must be adopting a market-based approach towards addressing a Sustainable Development Goal (SDG)
What Are We Looking For?
- Creativity/ Innovation: Level of creativity/innovation applied and their entrepreneurial approach towards social change.
- Leadership: Experience mobilizing people and resources to achieve set goals, and consistent drive for excellence.
- Sense of Purpose: Demonstrate a strong desire for social change within the community, to improve livelihoods, and to scale the impact of their social business.
- Right Attitude: Openness to learning and willingness to implement appropriate systems and structures for enterprise sustainability
Deadline: 30th August 2020. Please visit the website for more information.