LEAP Africa, a youth-focused leadership development nonprofit organization, is looking to hire interns for their Programmes, Communications and Administrative Unit.
See details below:
Programmes Intern – Candidate must posses and demonstrate the following skills:
– Project/Project Identification and Management
– Conceptualization skills
– Research and writing skills
– Facilitation and Stakeholder Management skills
Communications Intern – Candidate must posses and demonstrate the following skills:
– Graphics design skills
– Copy writing and editing skills
– Social Media Marketing skills
Administrative Intern – Candidate must posses and demonstrate the following skills
– Accounting skills
– Good organizational skills and attentive to details
– Good negotiation and Customer service skills
Vacancy is strictly for Youth Corp members posted to serve in Lagos State, Nigeria ( Batch C 2019). This internship is for you if
- you have have demonstrable experience as a leader and;
- you are looking for a platform to channel your passion and contribute your part to positive development in your community
Deadline is Friday 15th Nov, 2019
Become a UN Volunteer
Are you ready to become an international UN Volunteer?
You can contribute your time, skills and knowledge through volunteering with the UN. This is an opportunity to create a positive impact and be a significant force for achieving peace and development. Make a difference to the lives of many!
- The minimum requirements to serve as an international UN Volunteer are: 25 years old and older (no upper age limit); university degree or higher technical diploma;
- At least two years of relevant work experience in a professional background; good working knowledge of English, Spanish or French;
- Commitment to the values and principles of volunteerism; ability to work in a multicultural environment; willingness to work with people and local organizations;
- Ability to adjust in difficult living conditions and sometimes remote locations; strong interpersonal and organizational skills
Conditions of Service
- International UN Volunteer assignments generally run for six to 12 months, with the possibility of extending for one to two years.
- Short-term assignments are also requested by our partners from time to time. International UN Volunteers are entitled to certain allowances.
- Allowances are in no way to be understood as a compensation, reward or salary in exchange for the volunteer work.
- The purpose of allowances for volunteers is to enable them to sustain a secure standard of living in their duty stations
Profiles in Demand
Profiles in high demand include development and project management (community development, environment, programme and project development, project management, monitoring and evaluation); Legal affairs (human rights, protection, resettlement, reintegration, repatriation, refugee status determination, child protection); Political science (civil affairs, political affairs); public information (reporting and external relations); engineering (civil engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering), health (general medicine, public health).
Visit United Nation Volunteer website for more information
2020 King Carl Gustaf Scholarship for Students Living in areas of Conflict
The King Carl Gustaf Scholarship is aimed at students who live in unsafe and dangerous conditions in areas of conflict outside Europe. Scholarships will cover the cost of tuition, but not living expenses, for studies at Uppsala University Master’s programmes offered during the current admission round and commencing 31 August 2020.
Level of study: Master’s programmes
- Citizens of: Afghanistan, Cameroon, DR Congo, Egypt, India, Iraq, Libya, Mali, Mexico, Nigeria, Somalia, South Sudan, Syria, Turkey, Yemen.
- Applicants must show why they are particularly vulnerable and therefore in need to belonging to the education environment at Uppsala University as well as having the academic talent required.
- Students can only be awarded a King Carl Gustaf scholarship if a programme at Uppsala University is chosen as first priority.
- You must have applied for the Master’s programme before the University Admissions deadline.
- You must meet the entrance requirements for the programme you applied to and application fee and supporting documents must have been received before deadline to University Admissions.
- The programme must be delivered on campus. The scholarship is not available for distance learning programmes or programmes partially taught at other universities outside Sweden.
Documentation to send:
- No extra documents need to be sent. We will use documentation you submit with your programme application on www.universityadmissions.se.
- Your application ID from www.universityadmissions.se must be noted on the scholarship application form.
Application period: 16 January to 3 February 2020.
Music2 weeks ago
Why DJ Cuppy Should Quit Music As An Artist
Featured6 days ago
Paradigm Initiative: 2020 Digital Rights and Inclusion Media Fellowship
Scholarships6 days ago
Heinrich Böll Scholarships for Undergraduates, Graduates, and PhD Students
Featured2 weeks ago
2020 Young Engineers Programme – Ikeja Electric
Featured5 days ago
2020 AL-SUMAIT PRIZE FOR EDUCATION