From 24 to 28 June 2020, the LUMIX Festival for Young Visual Journalism will take place in Hanover. The LUMIX Festival honours young and socially engaged 21st-century photojournalism that actively investigates political, cultural, social, ecological and technological processes. The focus is directed at journalistic, transmedia narrative formats and current perspectives of the documentary.
On the occasion of the 7th LUMIX Festival for Young Photojournalism, young photojournalists are invited to take part in the competition for the FREELENS Award. The Award is endowed with 10,000 euros. Two further projects will be distinguished, each with an honourable mention and 1,000 euros.
3 awards will be conferred on photo series selected from the exhibition;
- the Lammerhuber Award
- the UmweltDruckerei Sustainability Prize
- HAZ Audience Prize
For the most outstanding multimedia web story, Panasonic will in 2020 again confer the LUMIX Digital Storytelling Award, which is endowed with 5,000 euros.
The best projects in both categories (Picture Series / Photo Story and Digital Storytelling) will be presented in 80 exhibitions during the Festival.
Photojournalists no older than 35 may submit their projects from 1 November 2019 until 31 January 2020. The submitted projects may not be older than two years or must have been completed within the past two years. The projects may have been created either by individual authors or as collaborative works. It is possible to apply for both categories (Photo Series / Photo Story and Digital Storytelling).
Applications from all countries allowed.
For further information, Visit https://fotofestival-hannover.de
Nigeria Impact Startup Relief Facility – Grants For Startups
Nigeria Impact Startup Relief Facility (NISRF) is offering grants to help start-ups survive the pandemic.
NISRF is an emergency facility designed by a consortium of funding partners to support grant applicants whose businesses/activities are either being adversely affected or modified in response to COVID-19.
Worth Of Award
- Business equity-free funding between $5,000 to $20,000.
- Access to a pool of mentors and business experts.
- A chance to continue to create impact and stay afloat.
To qualify for this funding, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a company operating in Nigeria
- The company is tackling an urgent social problem
- The company is post-MVP, revenue-generating, registered with CAC
- Can demonstrate substantial financial health before the onset of COVID-19 ($60K ARR – 12 months period minimum)
- The company has already received seed capital
- Can demonstrate the scale of impact, or potential for future scale
- Fall in any of these sectors: Agriculture, Critical Infrastructure, Financial Services, Health Care, Education, and with initiatives that target the informal sector.
Deadline: 7th September 2020. Click here for more information.
2020/2021 Fung Global Fellows Program For Scholars Around The World
Each year the program selects scholars from around the world to engage in research and discussion around a common theme. The number of candidates hired will depend on the qualifications of the overall applicant pools.
There are two categories:
- Postdoctoral research associates: Who received their doctorate from an institution outside of the United States and who, at the time of application, do not hold a tenure-track faculty appointment.
- Early-career scholars: employed outside the United States who have a faculty appointment, a professional research appointment, or are an established independent scholar in the designated theme of the program.
The following items must be submitted by the applicant, in English;
- Online application
- Cover letter (1.5 pages maximum)
- Curriculum Vitae (including publications)
- Research proposal (maximum of 3 pages, single-spaced)
- One writing sample (article or book chapter, maximum of 50 pages)
Stipends And Research Support
- Fellowships for the Early Career and Postdoctoral fellowships are for the entire academic year, from September 2021 to June 2022.
- Within the limits of its resources, the program intends to provide a salary for Early Career and Senior Fellows that equal the regular salary paid to a Fellow at his or her home institution. In cases where the Fellow’s base salary scale at their home institution is significantly below the norm, the salary might increase.
- Fellows will receive research funds.
- Fellows would get an office space, computer access in a suite dedicated to the program, and access to the Firestone Library.
Deadline: 16 November 2020. For more information, please visit the official website of the PIIRS Fung Global Fellows Program