Every year, Technovation invites teams of girls from all over the world to learn and apply the skills needed to solve real-world problems through technology. We challenge girls to solve a problem in their
community by learning together.
About Technovation Girls:
Technovation Girls is a free technology-based program for girls ages 10 – 18.
Working in teams (of 1 to 5), girls find a problem in their community and build a mobile app to help solve it. Along the way, they develop their collaboration, problem-solving, and leadership skills.
Technovation Girls will take 30+ hours to complete (recommended allocation of about 12 weeks to finish) and is completely free.
Any girl or young woman (ages 10-18) interested in Technovation Girls is eligible to compete.
To join the competition, a girl must create or join a team on the technovation challenge platform, have a parent/guardian sign the consent form and meet the following Student Participation criteria:
- All students must be between the ages of 10 to 18 as of August 1, 2020.
- All students must identify as female. Males participants are not allowed in this competition.
- Teams are composed of 1 to 5 students. Students can only join 1 team.
- Competition Divisions are based on the age of the oldest student on the team.
- Students can participate in Technovation Girls for multiple seasons until they reach the age of 18
- Students can work with the same team members and mentors, but they cannot submit the materials to competition over multiple years.
- Teams can explore the same problem, but the app prototype must be different each year.
Technovation Girls is a self-select program and there is no application/selection process.
Registration Deadline: March 16, 2020
(The last day to formally register a team).
Submission Deadline: April 20, 2020 at 19:00 UTC
World Pitch: August 2020
Visit the official website of the technovation challenge for further information
5 Reasons To Invest in Money Market Fund While Young
You run very little risk of losing your money in securities like bonds and treasury bills. As they are issued by the Federal Government, your money is safe
Your investment is very liquid. This means you can convert it to cash on short notice with any accrued profits for that period. For certificates of deposit, you can cash out anytime you need to, however, you may incur penalties
The investment return arrangement of money market funds makes for an attractive investment. The earn rate of money market fund is higher than inflation rate by design and is better than a savings account
Investments in money market fund is possible with little amounts of money. Minimum investment amount varies per mutual fund manager chosen
Investing in money market fund is an easy and convenient way to start to learn about investments and financial literacy
Africa-UK: Female Tech Founders 2020 Applications(Funding available)
Applications are open for fast rising female entrepreneurs based in Nigeria, Kenya or South Africa. Launched by the International Tech Hub Network, the Africa-UK: Female Tech Founders 2020 is a programme for female entrepreneurs using tech to solve a local development challenge.
The programme will bring 15 of the continent’s most ambitious development-focused women entrepreneurs to the UK in January.
Across a three day tailored programme (20 – 22 January), participants will benefit from masterclasses, events and workshops designed to provide in-depth training on how to scale and grow their business, expand into the UK, and how best to position their purpose-driven organisations. Participants will discover the UK’s thriving tech ecosystem, exploring new opportunities for global partnerships and increased investment through peer-to-peer networking.
The agenda will include:
- Training session led by successful female tech leaders sharing their funding journey
- Masterclass event covering: protecting IP and raising offshore funding; accessing finance; scaling a purpose driven social impact business; protecting customers’ data
- Roundtable with GEP alumni addressing scaling successfully in the UK
- Tailored mentoring event with UK startups, including female founders
- Innovation tour of co-working spaces, including Google Campus
- Networking dinner with UK and African entrepreneurs
Activities will be delivered by UK tech experts and the Department for International Trade’s Global Entrepreneur Programme (GEP) Dealmakers and alumni, including prominent female tech leaders.
The programme will be delivered alongside the Africa Investment Summit, taking place in London on 20 January. Winners are expected to be able to attend the Summit.
Five founders from each country will be selected to join the delegation to the UK in January 2020.
Application deadline is 21 November 5pm (GMT).
Business3 weeks ago
Why Youth Empowerment Is Important In Nigeria
Featured2 weeks ago
Apply for the 2020 Local Pathways Fellowship for Young Urban Leaders
Featured2 weeks ago
Investment Readiness Tips for startups
Listicles2 days ago
5 Profitable Business Ideas for Introverts
Featured2 weeks ago
Apply for World Citizen Talent Scholarship