The Rhodes Scholarship programme is the oldest international scholarship programme in the world, and one of the most prestigious.
The programme offers 100 fully-funded Scholarships each year for postgraduate study at the University of Oxford, UK. Rhodes Scholarships are for young leaders of outstanding intellect and character who are inspired to face global challenges, dedicated to helping others, and aspiring to become value-driven, principled leaders for the future of our planet.
The broad selection criteria are:
- Academic excellence – specific academic requirements can be found under ‘Eligibility Criteria’ below.
- Energy to use your talents to the full (as demonstrated by mastery in areas such as sports, music, debate, dance, theatre, and artistic pursuits, including where teamwork is involved).
- Truth, courage, devotion to duty, sympathy for and protection of the weak, kindliness, unselfishness and fellowship.
- Moral force of character and instincts to lead, and to take an interest in your fellow human beings.
Applications must be submitted online by 23:59 Greenwich Mean Time (GMT), Wednesday, 30 September 2020.
a. Nationality/citizenship: You must be a citizen of one of the following countries: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, the island of Saint Helena, Senegal, Sierra Leone, São Tomé and Principe and Togo.
b. Education/residency: You must have been resident in one or more of the countries listed above for at least five of the last ten years.
c. Age: Upon 1 October 2020, you must meet either of the below criteria:
You must be at least 18 and have not reached your 25th birthday (i.e. you must have been born after 1 October 1995 and on or before 1 October 2002).
OR for older candidates who completed their first undergraduate degree later than usual
Please click the link below for full details: www.rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk
3 Affordable European Universities With No Application Fees
Sending applications to foreign universities can be costly. Especially, if you decide to send multiple applications at the same time, paying multiple application fees.
On the average, application fees for a US university cost around $75. It is a similar case in Canada and Europe. Therefore, you end up spending a lot while applying to multiple universities. That is to say, if unfortunately you don’t get the offers you want, you would have to count your losses.
However, there is good news. Some good affordable universities in Europe do not require an application fee. There is more but our focus today is on the institutions mentioned below.
EUAS is an international university located in Tallinn, Estonia. EUAS is a small but quality university with over 1600 students from across the world. Students have a choice of studying in either Estonian, English or Russian.
Applicants can apply for any of these undergraduate programs, Start-Up Entrepreneurship, Game Design and Development, Creativity and Business Innovation and Software Development & Entrepreneurship, or their MBA program directly via the university’s website at no cost. If you meet the requirements of the institution, you can create a user profile, submit your credentials and wait to be contacted.
Tuition is about 5,000 Euros per year.
Located in Norway, the University of Bergen is ranked amongst the top 5 universities in the country. Applicants can apply via the institution’s portal for degree programs in Arts and Humanities, Engineering and Technology, Life Sciences and Medicine», Natural Science, Social Sciences and Management.
UiB also offers about 25 masters degree programs taught in English in the field of medicine, social sciences and psychology, humanities and aesthetic studies, and natural sciences and technical subjects.
All their master’s programs have a duration of two years. Furthermore, it should be noted that undergraduate programs are not taught in English.
The tuition fee is about 1,000 Dollars per year but international students are to show a statement of account of a little over 12,000 Dollars when applying for a visa.
The University of Vienna is one of the oldest and largest universities in Europe. It is located in Vienna, Austria.
Just like the above-mentioned universities, the University of Vienna does not require an application fee. You can apply directly through the school’s website as long as you can provide the needed credentials.
Furthermore, international applicants aside students from some developing countries, only need to pay 746.92 Euros per year.
2020 NNPC/SPDC Joint Venture Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC), operator of the SPDC Joint Venture, is pleased to announce the Tenth annual NNPC/SPDC_JV Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship for applicants from Bayelsa, Delta, Imo and Rivers states. The objective of the scholarship programme is to provide postgraduate study opportunity in courses relevant to the oil and gas industry, for qualifying students from listed Niger Delta states.
In nine years of the programme, 92 students have won the opportunity to study at top-rated universities in the UK on full scholarship
The following courses qualify for award of scholarships at the three institutions:
|Imperial College London||MSc Petroleum Engineering MSc Petroleum GeoscienceMSc Applied Computational Science and Engineering|
|University of Abeerdeen||MSc GeophysicsMSc Safety & Reliability Engineering for Oil & GasMSc Advanced Chemical EngineeringMSc Integrated Petroleum Geoscience|
|University of Leeds||MSc Exploration GeophysicsMSc Electronic/Electrical Engineering|
To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must;
- display intellectual ability and leadership potential
- have an adequate standard of English (at least 6.5 in IELTS) and meet the College’s language requirement
- have been offered admission to study on one of the Eligible Courses at the College having applied through the normal application process;
- already hold (or expect to hold by the time of taking up the Scholarship) a degree of an equivalent standard to a UK Upper Second Class Honours degree
- must have completed their National Youth Service by September 2020
- be ordinarily indigenes of Bayelsa, Delta, Imo and Rivers State, and intend to return to Nigeria on completion of proposed programme of study
- have not already had the chance of studying in the UK or other developed country.
- be aged between 21-28 years by 30/09/2020
- currently reside in Nigeria
- have a Nigerian international passport valid till December 2020
- Employees, employees’ relatives (or former employees who have left employment less than 5 years before) of SPDC, Royal Dutch SHELL Group of Companies or the College will not be eligible to apply for the Scholarships
- Submit application for admission to any of the participating universities for any of the qualifying courses.
- Application forms for the scholarship will ONLY be available through the websites of the Imperial College London, the University of Leeds and University of Aberdeen, following a formal offer of admission by the university.
- The universities will process applications and select candidates who will attend interviews with SPDC before being considered for final selection.
- Completed scholarship application forms must reach participating universities not later than April 15, 2020.
The scholarship will cover tuition, one economy return-flight ticket from Nigeria to the UK and a contribution towards living expenses only.
More information on specific course admission requirements can be obtained from the websites of the three individual universities.
- Please note that the stipends (living expenses) are based on the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) published living rates and are limited to this only.
- This is a non-committal scholarship. Note that NEITHER SPDC NOR any Shell affiliated company is obligated to offer employment of any sort to any candidate upon graduation, neither are successful candidates bonded to SPDC for any period of time on account of the scholarship award.
- SPDC will only provide a medical insurance in line with UK Student Visa requirements
For More Information: Visit the Official Webpage of the SPDC 2020 Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme
Will Telecommuting Play A Major Role In The Future Of Work?
What Experts Are Saying About Stock Market Investing Right Now
Industries That Have Benefited The Most From The Outbreak Of COVID-19
5 Reasons Why The Nigerian Service Culture Should Change
How To Build A Profitable Social Media Presence For Your Brand
Why Having A Strong Brand Is Good Business
Business1 week ago
5 Reasons Why The Nigerian Service Culture Should Change
Business6 days ago
How To Deal With Stress While Running A Small Business In Nigeria
Business2 days ago
Networking Is Dead
Marketing Communications2 days ago
What A Marketing Communications Strategy Is And How To Do It Right