Want to be a Fellow? Apply Now! No more unpaid internships
The Office of the Secretary-General’s Envoy on Youth is saying goodbye to unpaid internships!
- Are you passionate about the work of the United Nations?
- Are you motivated to help realise the potential of fellow young people?
- Have you been waiting for too long for a paid entry-level opportunity to the UN?
- Do you want to join the UN Youth Envoy as a Fellow?
Yes? Then you might be the right person for the job!
To begin with, we are looking for three young people to get on board the UN Youth Envoy’s Fellowship, which aims at providing you, a young talent, a chance to get involved the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals.
The selected fellows will join us at the United Nations’ Headquarters in New York for a duration of 12 months starting from March 2020. To apply, click on the position you are interested in (Click the assignments below to check detailed information respectively):
Application deadline: 20 February 2020
Women, indigenous people, people with disabilities, LGBTQI+ candidates, and other marginalised groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
For more information, visit the UN Envoy on Youth website
Technical Support Internship – MainOne
MainOne is a leading provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions for businesses in West Africa.
The Technical Support Intern will be responsible for the following functions:
- Configure, test, and provision customers on the CRM platform.
- Coordinate 3rd party installation and support activities.
- Assign new requests/opportunities captured from the MainOne website.
- Run weekly reports on incidents – opportunities and complaints.
- Network management and monitoring.
- Perform 1st level fault troubleshooting tasks.
- Liaise with OEM to resolve technical related issues.
- Liaise with the vendor(s) for customer installations.
- Escalate unresolved issues to the appropriate teams.
- Critically analyze customer complaints and issues with a bid to provide lasting solutions.
- Continually drive customer satisfaction through the speedy resolution of complaints.
- B.Sc/HND in Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Excellent communication skills.
- Multitasking skills.
- CCNA Certification and previous experience in a similar position will be an added advantage.
Please visit the company’s website for more information.
LEAP Afica’s Social Innovators Programme 2020, For Young Africans
LEAP Africa, in partnership with Union Bank, has announced the call for applications for the 2020/ 2021 cohort of the Social Innovators Programme (SIP). SIP is a one-year accelerator fellowship for young West African change-makers between 18-35 years.
Who Should Apply?
- Young persons between the ages of 18-35 years, whose ideas and initiatives offer effective solutions to challenges in local communities across Nigeria, The Gambia, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Ghana, English-speaking parts of Cameroon and Ivory Coast.
- Initiators/co-founders of a social-focused venture/enterprise located in Nigeria and the other focus regions. Women founders are strongly encouraged to apply
- Solution/ innovation by the enterprise must be adopting a market-based approach towards addressing a Sustainable Development Goal (SDG)
What Are We Looking For?
- Creativity/ Innovation: Level of creativity/innovation applied and their entrepreneurial approach towards social change.
- Leadership: Experience mobilizing people and resources to achieve set goals, and consistent drive for excellence.
- Sense of Purpose: Demonstrate a strong desire for social change within the community, to improve livelihoods, and to scale the impact of their social business.
- Right Attitude: Openness to learning and willingness to implement appropriate systems and structures for enterprise sustainability
Deadline: 30th August 2020. Please visit the website for more information.