Best alternative to Photoshop for anything related to instant designs? Canva is the ultimate. Both Canva and Photoshop are great graphic design tools for start-ups and small businesses, but one is more convenient to use than the other. This article compares Canva to Photoshop and elaborates on how Canva is the best alternative to Photoshop for small businesses.
Canva was created in 2012 by Melanie Perkins, Cliff Obrecht, and Cameron Adams, in Sydney, Australia. The platform has over 10 million monthly active users who are eager to explore their creativity.
As a small business owner, Canva is the best alternative to Photoshop for your brand. Create simple visuals, marketing materials, posters, restaurant menus, business cards, brochures, event invitations, and lots more; with Canva. You can easily share your designs directly to other social media platforms. In addition, your clients can collaborate with you on projects and designs.
Canva has numerous features that are just great for small businesses. They include:
- Varieties of pre-made professional templates to choose from, though you can create your own template/layout from scratch. All you have to do is sign up, either via Google accounts or your email address. The templates and layouts are categorized according to their use.
- Collaboration and teamwork features. With Canva, you can work with teammates and clients to achieve and complete any project.
- Free and paid plans. The free plan has limited templates and you are able to collaborate with a maximum of 10 members. Free plans don’t give you access to any image, rather you pay $1 for an image or you can simply upload your own photo for editing. The paid plan has unlimited templates and you can collaborate with up to 30 members. Plus, you have access to hundreds of thousands images. Payment is $9.95 per month for a user.
- Photo filters and editing tools as well as free icons, shapes and fonts.
- It’s simple and easy to use. This partly makes it the best alternative to Photoshop.
- Canva has a free plan.
- You don’t need any design skills or a degree before you can use the platform.
- Features a massive library of free graphics.
- Does not consume resources like Photoshop.
- Printing on Canva costs higher.
Canva vs. Photoshop
Highlighted below are the 3 major points that show how Canva is the best alternative to Photoshop in 2021.
Firstly, Canva is a web-based design tool that is supported on not just the web but also on android systems and IOS. This makes it easier for users including owners of small businesses to design anywhere and at any time. Photoshop is a software that can’t be used on a smartphone unlike Canva, which can be used on any device. Thus making it easier to stay connected and updated on all your designs.
Secondly, Photoshop is quite complex and it requires prior knowledge relating to the software before usage. Canva is not like that at all. You can customize your designs yourself with ease on Canva as you don’t need any special design skills for that. All you have to do is just create! This makes it suitable for small businesses because you as a CEO become more efficient. In the sense that, the amount of time you would use to study and master Photoshop, you can use that time to do something more productive. Where Canva takes only 23 seconds to master, Photoshop takes days, if not weeks.
Lastly, Canva has both a free plan and a paid plan. As a small business owner who can’t afford to spend on graphics, you can easily choose the free plan. With the free plan, you still have access to numerous templates that can be used for your brand. Photoshop on the other hand is quite expensive and does not have a free plan like Canva.